Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Trey Posts: 7

Hi everyone I'm a beginner at sewing. I'm trying to find a book that covers Airbrushing on faux fur? Any suggestions would be great I'm having allot of trouble with it.
Kind Regards

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I do not know of any books on that subject, but if you look in the library here there is a whole lot of info on it. Look up on the left, click library, then look for airbrushing and shading.

Thank you just trying to find out what brand Airbrush paint to use.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Trey, airbrushing is a subject in the library that great information on the subject.  Here is one of the topics:

"Hi.  Just the subject I love...airbrushing.
You're right, Daphne, not all air compressors are created equal.  The kind you are describing turns on to fill an air chamber.  When that chamber reaches a certain amount of compressed air, it shuts off.  As you use your airbrush, hence using the compressed air, it turns on to maintain a certain level of useable compressed air.

If noise is a factor then I would go for a very quiet one.  There is a whole range of sizes and prices out there. When I went to school for airbrush art they used a huge aircompressor but it was kept in a different room with the airlines connected to our work desks.   I'll post some websites shortly on where you can look inot the various aircompressors..... But first I want to tell you what I use:

Like Hayley mentioned, I use a large CO2 tank.  I have used one for over 22 years now.  It is very tried and true for me, absolutely silent and no water trap needed.  CO2 is a no toxic element that comes in a liquid form in a large cylinder.  As with an aircompressor a pressure gauge is necessary so I can see how full the tank is and I can adjust the pressure at which I run my airbrush ( around 28psi or pounds per square inch). My 20 pound tank lasts for more than a year, then I have to refill it for about $15.00 at a welding supplier.

Airbrushing is a pure joy and there is no other method of color application out there where you can achieve the same results. It is soft and I can airbrush on any type of mohair and it is undetectable to the touch that there is any paint at all.

I will be happy to help you in any way I can."

And here is another:   http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php … 80#p290980

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

This brand is mentioned by more than one person, and in the contexts of both faux fur and mohair: http://www.jacquardproducts.com/dye-na-flow.html

Becky

Thanks everyone for replying I have an airbrush but have never airbrushed on faux fur only polymer sculptures I guess ill have to just give it ago on fur and see how I go!

Board footer