Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I just stopped by Bearpile, which is always fun to do, and I have to say I'm a bit astounded. There are over 400 sellers on Bearpile these days! I wish them all well, but it's always been a challenge to get one's bears noticed... It must be hugely challenging as one of 400!

That's all I've got, but it would be interesting to hear from sellers who are currently using the site.

Becky

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

"Good golly Miss Molly!" bear_shocked ..... I see what you mean Becky!  I hadn't been onto the Bearpile website for probably a year or more, so have just been to have a look after reading your posting.  I'm staggered by the way it has increased in numbers, which is good for Bearpile but probably not so good if you are trying to sell anything!  But I am sure there are success stories from some artists particularly if they have a good following or are well known.  But there again, if a little bear tugs at your heartstrings then hopefully it will be snapped up regardless of who the seller is.

I did try once to sell a bear on Bearpile, just to see and learn how it all worked out but found my listing very quickly got "lost" amidst the crowd of other photos so I haven't bothered since but there were certainly nowhere near as many sellers then as there are now.  I have been "away" from the proper bearing world for a while but now that I am back, I am quite astonished as to how many new bear makers there are now, so I guess it can only make it more difficult to sell, whatever route you take.  But there again, hopefully I'm wrong on that score too!! 

Just re-read my ramblings above and realise it's no answer to your post Becky, but hey-ho, now I've written it ..... I'm pressing the button!!! bear_grin

Hugs bear_flower

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Barling Bears wrote:

Just re-read my ramblings above and realise it's no answer to your post Becky

LOL - Marilyn, I'm just happy to get a reply!  bear_original  It's good to know I'm not the only one who is surprised by the numbers there.

Becky

Board footer