Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

La De Da' Artisan Bears La De Da' Artisan Bears
Southern California
Website

'Shaka Bra' is a 7" hand sewn Surf Rat by La De Da' Artisan Bears

FACIAL FEATURES

'Shaka Bra' views the world through premium black glass eyes. He has our signature sculpted lids filled with "wet" tears. His nose has also been sculpted freehand. His ears are a treated fabric, hand painted. He has a lovely set of whiskers ready to navigate his way through tubular waves.

BODY

He is five way jointed and is created in a nubby grey mohair. His tail is made from a faux leather. His Aloha print tee shirt was hand printed and his tiny puka shell necklace was handmade, each puka shell created one by one in clay.

He was sewn entirely by hand, (no machine sewing) and is stuffed with poly, copper shot and the highest quality lavender buds in the chubby belly.

LAVENDER

The lavender is imported from the Mont Ventoux region of Provence, France. Lavender is a La De Da' signature element added to all of my bears to enhance the "hug" experience with a gentle, therapeutic natural scent. Squeezing the buds helps release the scent, so you get a little bit of relaxation with every hug. In addition, non-culinary Lavender is a natural repellent helping preserve and protect your La De Da' Artisan Bear for many years.

DETAILS

'Shaka Bra' is a multi media surf rat with his feet,forearms and hands sculpted free hand in clay. His one "hand" is in the iconic 'Shaka' hand sign, with the thumb and little finger extended with the other fingers curled meaning, "hang loose", a gesture often associated with Hawaii and surf culture. His little surfboard is made of papier-mâché. He can stand on his own with a bit of balancing and enjoys riding the waves and hanging ten in the sunshine.

All of my designs are one of kind, no two bears are alike. From my heart to your hand....I hope the La De Da' Artisan Bears (and rats) bring you a smile.

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_grin He's a great little guy!!  bear_wub

La De Da' Artisan Bears La De Da' Artisan Bears
Southern California
Website
edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

bear_grin he's great Brenda wonderful detail! yes he certainly makes me smile from ear to ear  bear_original  bear_wub
michelle

Board footer