Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Fossil Moss Bears Fossil Moss Bears
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Website

Hello, I'm new to this group, but finding it hard to see any bears or topics in this general section due to the mass volume of cute animal pics? Why? Wouldn't mind if they were cute teddy pics! Sorry for the grumble, Natalie x

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

You don't need to be sorry about stating your opinion, Natalie . . . you are entitled!  And welcome to Teddy Talk - I seem to have missed when you first became a member.  We've had "Cute Animal Picture" of the day going for many years, originally started by one of our earlier members.  As a group, most teddy bear aficionados love all animals - wild and domestic - so our forum visitors enjoyed seeing what animal was going to pop up each day.  Teddy Talk discussions were very plentiful until social media became such a huge presence on the internet, so cute animal photos didn't interfere with other posts in the General section back then.  For more 'teddy bear only' related posts, take a look at our library section (if you haven't already discovered it).  Also, you can go back to earlier pages in the General forum to find fewer cute animal pics taking up space.

While we're on this subject, I will invite all of you who are reading this post to give some feedback on whether you enjoy the daily cute animal or wish it would go away.  Certainly we don't have to have them if our members don't care one way or another.  So, please let your wishes be known and I will act accordingly.  bear_flower

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_original Well said SueAnn about our daily dose of cute animals and I for one want them to stay! I check them out every day and they always put a smile on my face  bear_original
The topic of teddy bears does pop onto the forum now and then but there are many other sections on the site which cover all sorts of things surrounding the teddy bear   bear_flower

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

I love the cute animal pictures and I would miss them very much.
Life is too short not to have a bit of fun.  bear_laugh

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

i too love the cute animal pics!!!   (Well, of course, I would, wouldn't I, because I like to post pictures of cute animals!)

being a collector, I always check out the artists' newest creations and those up for sale, too.   When I buy something special, I like to post about it under the "collectors corner" (which I will do in a day or two because i just bought an awesome little crocheted cat and am wondering who made it -- woohoo), but there are many many posts about teddies on this site! 

If you'd like to post something under the General section, please do!!  The more posts, the more activity here I would think! bear_grin  bear_grin

LitWit Posts: 298

I love the daily animal photos. bear_original They're a great pick-me-up.

Christina Posts: 978
Website

I too love the pics and would miss them.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I truly enjoy the daily animal pictures AND I'd enjoy having more teddy-bear discussions here in the General section. I'm glad that Natalie spoke up, and I wish we could hear from all of the people who visit the forum. bear_original

Becky

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

Is it actually possible to have too many cute pics of anything???  It is a lot of fun and you lot often make me chuckle with your witty comments and wise cracks bear_original I might not add anything to every pic but I sure enjoy having a look. Keep up the silliness every one  bear_tongue xxx

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Since this site is frequented by creative people who make teddies and other kinds of plush items, the animal picture of the day is a good way to spark ideas for new designs.

A cute cat picture might spark some new animal creation.

Think of it as an on-line sketchbook for ideas.  bear_original

Board footer