Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

These two are from the pre-loved market, so I hope it's okay to show them here.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/152036314483?_t … EBIDX%3AIT
This guy hasn't arrived yet, so I can't tell you anything about him.  He is a bit small, but he could always be one of my travel bears to go in my purse.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172153183144?_t … EBIDX%3AIT
I'm holding this guy right now, and he is adorable.  I love this little bear.  Also, I'm curious if anyone knows this artist.  If she's here I hope it is okay to post her bear here.  If you are reading this board, I'd like you to know that you have made an awesome bear and he will be very loved here.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Heidi Steiner is a very well-known teddy bear artist, as you probably probably already know, Jessie.  I don't believe she's a member of TT and it's certainly okay to show both bears here.  Nice bears they are, too.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Thanks.  Can you tell about the other bear?  I hope he is in fact an artist bear.  I just didn't know how it would be to post secondhand artist bears here, as I don't know how artists would feel if they are here and they find out someone has sold their bear.  I got the secondhand bears because I'm not sure my wallet would thank me for making two big bear purchases in one month, lol.  I guess you have to collect them slowly.

Sue Ann, since I'm on an artist bear kick, have you got any bears available?  Also, should I only show you guys artist bears or would people also like to see regular plushies I collect as I used to post here?  Dang, I have used the word bear a lot in this post.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

The photo of the other bear is pretty small and I can't tell for sure, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I believe it might be an artist bear.  How's that for a definite answer? lol  We all love to see bears from everyone's hugs, manufactured or artist, so definitely share them with us!  I do have a couple of bears that never sold at shows, but I made them years ago.  I've pretty much quit making them because of extreme arthritis, and I don't attend show anymore.  If you want, I'll put of photos of them, if that will help.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Could you create a thread here with your bears and descriptions of them?  The bear budget is depleted for now, although my birthday is in a few days, so I may be able to get a bear then, not sure, but if you have bears I like then I'll get him next month if everything goes the way I hope it does.  Also, and this is a bit weird, but due to being mildly on the autism spectrum, I have a thing where I get stuck on certain words, it's hard to explain.  I'm absolutely obsessed with Sequoia, and I've been on a kick of collecting all the bears and dolls with that name, so if you have a Sequoia I'd pretty much give my eyeballs for that bear.  Go ahead and laugh.  It is very weird.

I also have not made a bear in a while and am now focusing on collecting.  I have a job as a piano player in restaurants, so I've been concentrating on that.  Also there are parts of the bearmaking process that I can't figure out how to do without assistance, and no one was able to assist me whenever I wanted to do a bear, so I got sorta discouraged.  Sorry about your arthritis.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Yes, I will, Jessie, but I need to wait until after Thursday, as I will be out of town until then.  Certainly don't worry about getting stuck with words . . . I have a daughter on the autism spectrum (Asperger's) so I understand.  Didn't know you played the piano - that's so very impressive to me that non-seeing folks can play without looking at music or the keys.  Hats off to you.  Neither of my bears is named Sequoia - one is "Kerrick" and the other is "Collin".  And I'll forewarn you that my bears aren't cuddly at all.  I stuff them pretty hard, so you need to keep that in mind.  Hope you can get back to making your bears . . . they are special.  Will get back to you on Friday.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I have Asperger's as well.  It has a lot of cool aspects, but the sensory overload and the having trouble understanding what people mean is a pain in you know where.  I often joke that I speak a different language from normal people.  You speak English, but I speak Aspie, lol.  Sometimes people say things and I have to ask someone to translate it into Aspie.  Yeah I have a weird sense of humor, but hey, you have to or else you would go insane.

When you say your bears are not cuddly, do you mean that they are like normal artist bears rather than the plushies I'm used to, or do you mean they're hard as a rock?  The artist bears I have are stuffed firmer than a normal teddy bear from the 80s and 90s like I'm used to, but they are still cuddly, at least cuddly enough for me to sleep with, but then I've seen some artist bears at bear shows where and I really hope you don't interpret this in a bad way as it's not meant to be, they were so hard that if someone broke into your house and you couldn't find a baseball bat, you could use the bears.  Are your bears that level of firmness?  Dang I wish I could feel them in order to decide.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Jessie, I just want to say that I find the little mystery bear to be utterly adorable, and definitely handmade. I think you're going to love him!

Becky

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

The mystery bear arrived today, and he certainly feels like an artist bear.  I've named him Frodo, and he's on my desk with the small bears.

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

Wow, Jessie, they are definitely cute cute cute (and great buys, too!)

Board footer