Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Fablepuff Wonderland of creativity

Hello to all you beutiful people
I am a novice teddy maker,but a sculptor,so to sculpt something out of any material is not new to me...but,as i started working on a design by Catherine Makagoon,bulldog,i realized i am completely dumb when it comes on how to make creases,or folds when making a puppy with more folds...like shar pei or pug...the bulldog i am working on is so beutifly explained by katy...and she is an amazing teddy artist,but he has just one fold over the muzzle,so it cant help me much...
Please,please if anyone has any information,direction you could point me into...i would be willing to pay to learn,since i consider knowledge to be priceless...
I tought i could make the creases with neddle felting...but i belive that to make a true bear it has to be sculpted with thread...somehow...just dont know how :))
Thank you in advance for any advice,help,asisstance you can offer
Sincerely

Yanina Link-the best at what she does

CrawlyCreepies Posts: 89
Fablepuff wrote:

I tought i could make the creases with neddle felting...but i belive that to make a true bear it has to be sculpted with thread

I don't think this is true, many artisan bears have needle felted muzzles. Felted paw pads and eyelids are common too.

I've used gathering/shirring techniques to make wrinkled plush toys, but have yet to master it. They may require thread sculpting reinforcement after stuffing.

Board footer