Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Yic Sh Posts: 2

Hello everyone!

I'm a novice teddy bear maker and have been exploring the world of crafting small and miniature teddy bears. I've encountered some challenges and would love to seek advice from all of you.

Sassy Fabric:
I've heard that Sassy fabric is perfect for creating small teddy bears. However, I've noticed that the Sassybear store on eBay no longer sells this fabric, only offering Smokey. Does anyone know where else I can purchase Sassy fabric? Or does anyone have extra fabric they're willing to sell? I'd like to buy some to give it a try.

Upholstery Fabric:
I previously bought some interior decorating fabric from another artist in my country, but the colors were too vibrant. I'm looking for lighter shades, and while I found some on Etsy, they are a bit expensive. Any suggestions on where else I can find this type of fabric at a reasonable price?

Malden Fabric:
A friend recommended Malden fabric, mentioning its excellent sheen. I've purchased some from a friend, but I'm interested in acquiring more. Does anyone have extra Malden fabric for sale, or could you share information on where to buy it? I would greatly appreciate it.

Additionally, I'd love to hear your suggestions on other fabrics suitable for crafting small teddy bears. Currently, I only have viscose and am eager to try something different.

I understand that this website is running slowly, but I still hope to receive your valuable assistance. Thank you all!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi, and I'm hopeful I can give you some suggestions for Sassy fabric.  I believe Etsy and Amazon sell it, plus, if you google 'Sassy fabric' you might find other places that carry it.  Good luck.

Yic Sh Posts: 2

Thank you for your reply! I didn't expect to get a response so quickly on this slow website! I've tried searching, and they seem to have a similar fur, but the backing fabric is a bit different. I'll continue to try searching. Thanks for your help!

SueAnn wrote:

Hi, and I'm hopeful I can give you some suggestions for Sassy fabric.  I believe Etsy and Amazon sell it, plus, if you google 'Sassy fabric' you might find other places that carry it.  Good luck.

Board footer