Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Does anyone have any ideas on how to end ribbon so that it doesn't fray?  I just finished another bear - hopefully within the next couple of days I will post a pic of him bear_laugh By the way, while I am on the topic, how do I bring a pic into my message? 

THANKS!!!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Hellooo Kim

I usually cut the ribbon at an angle - a V shape usually works. It won't stop the ribbon from fraying indefinitly but it does help. If the ribbon can take it - pop a teeny bit of fray check on the ends.

If it still frays Kim - chuck it in the bin and forget it :D

PennyPoodles bear_tongue

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

If it frays after doing that to it, the bear just wasn't meant to have the ribbon, the little feller is just trying to tell me that he doesnt want one!!! bear_original thanks for the suggestion!:)

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

HI, Kim- I'm glad you asked about putting pictures in messages because I want to know how to do that,too. I know it was in a reply I read, but don't remember where! :(I'm not great about computer stuff, but my daughter can probably talk me through directions. Thanks--- Suzanne

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

I transfer my pics from my comp online to photobucket.com and then paste the IMG tag into my message.
Hope that helps bear_original

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

You could always paint a little PVA glue mixed with water on the ends of your ribbon also.  Used to do that in cake decorating - it would stop it from fraying.

As for putting a piccie in your message, it's really easy!

Click the Img button up the top, this is what will happen:

Now, with no spaces, you put your URL of the image in between the  so there's no spaces, so you put it in after the ] and before the [

Hope that helps!
Danni

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I cut the ribbon length , tie the bow onto the bear then put a paper towel on his tummy ...fry check the ribbon end and let it dry... then trim off all of the fray check except for a tiny bit on the edge...Winney

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

I do the same as Winney bear_original for the ribbon. I leave as little fray check as possible visible and cut it into a V.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

you gals are soooo helpful!  what would I do without ya!:D:D

Board footer