Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland
Ripley, Queensland

And yes they really are made from Marzipan.... Fantastic aren't they?

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

seen them before and i dont think i could eat them bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hummm... i don't think I would eat them either...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.  bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Soooooooooo cute! I could never eat one but would love to own one...just wondering what stops those little cutie

going ......................errrr mouldy. Yuk that sounds too yucky, maybe I don't want one after all. They're still

very cute though.  bear_wub

Jane  bear_flower

Ripley, Queensland

Don't know but I know marzipan on the sugared almonds in weddings and on wedding cakes NEVER seems to go mouldy.
Who knows?

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

AWWW I want one! they are the cutest things ever  bear_wub

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Aren't these very cute dolls??

This email though is actually a myth. They are not martizipan at all! They are made of prosculpt polymer clay, glass eyes and mohair. 

I'm part of a doll making list, and the lady who makes these is on there, wish I could remember her name........... but anyway, this email has been the best thing for her career.

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Heather,

Yes, I've seen her website, too.  Lovely little things, aren't they?

I am a baker, and marzipan really never gets mouldy.  I don't know what it is about it (maybe just the fact that it's pretty gross tasting - to me at least! lol) but it just doesn't mold.  It just stays in a perpetual state of..... well, marzipan!  lol

Kimberly W.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Kimberly W., I'm a baker by trade as well!! Very cool. I'm not baking anymore, but still.

I also don't like marzipan either, and the most I do with it is to make little veggies etc.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I've a friend who made a fabulous maripan pony, but I've never attempted to sculpt with it.  I think it may not mold because of the very high sugar content?  I know in the 1800s they used sugar as a preservative, so perhaps this is it?

Marzipan, or polymer clay....doesn't matter, whoever does these little gems is a true artist!!  The detail is amazing.....

Ripley, Queensland

:redface:
Oh guys I didn't know till this morning they weren't Marzipan.
I am so sorry.  But I still think they are very cute.

Board footer