Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Ebay is soooo frustrating!  My new listing "Gracie" was scheduled to start Jan 14 at  18:30 p.m. Ebay time and it did start.   She is showing up if you search for her, however, she is not in the regular listings for Artist One a Kind.  She is showing up in just the Artist category, but there seems to be an entire page missing in the One of a kind sub-category.  The time for the last listing on page one is 19:44 p.m. and the next page ends at 16:48 p.m.  There are a lot of listings missing.  Fran, your bear was two away from mine - you might want to check it too.  I've written Ebay (like that's going to do a lot of good).  If anyone has a minute, could you scroll down the first few Artist one of a Kind pages on Ebay and see if there is the same time gap on your computer.  I changed my auction length from 3 day to 5 day to give her more viewing time. 

I don't think poor Gracie was supposed to get listed - first I couldn't get a picture in the showcase and now she isn't showing up in the listings LOL!  Isn't life fun.

Hugs,

Brenda

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Brenda, i did not notice any gap. i have found Gracie in the category "Artists". She was there!
bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I think they are having problems Brenda - I wasn't able to use the search option just now (a red message came up saying they were aware of the glitch). Hold tight for a while and hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

BTW, I saw Gracie using the link to your eBay page, and she's gorgeous!!! A lovely bear!  :love:

Update: I just tried again and found her listing, in the 'artist, one of a kind' section as Sophie said...  :dance: .

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi Brenda!

It's almost 4pm Chicago time (just popped on the puter now) and I see her in the catagory just fine.

I had emailed eBay a long time ago about this and what they told me is that it will sometimes take time (sometimes hours, sometimes minutes) for the catagory to be updated by the computer.  That is why you could find it in the search but not by just browsing the catagory.

How's the packing?

Hi there,
    Thanks for checking out my auction, everyone.  Laura,  my bear was showing up in all the right places last night - it was about noon today that I noticed it wasn't in Artist one of Kind sub-categpry.  There was a "huge" gap in time between two pages of bears - I really think one full page was missing for quite a while.  It's there now and everything seems to be okay now.  It's just frustrating, because I like to list for 3 days, but when you have a listing not showing up properly for hours you have no idea how many people might have missed it.  Anyway, I changed it to a 5 day listing. so hope that gives her more viewing time.
    Well, today we put moldings around the floating floor we laid a year ago.  Did I say we are procrastinators!  Hubby is definitely NOT a home improvement fellow, so the fact that we gor 95% of it done without a divorce, is actually a good day.  This week I will be painting throughout the house, and on the 23rd, Neil leaves for his new job - can't wait - then I can really start to clean things out.  If he doesn't know what I throw out - he'll never miss it LOL!
We hope to have it ready to list by Feb 15th, so wish me luck!

Hugs,

Brenda

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Brenda,

I just had a look and saw Gracie & Fran's bear on page two..looks okay to me,

love little Gracie & congrats you have a bid

hugs,
Denise.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi  Brenda,
Sorry to hear about the e-bay listing
delay....
I saw your bear "Gracie" and she is
lovely "Valentine Days bear" !!  :love:

Hugs/Marie

Thanks Marie - it seems to be working now, but it was frustrating.   Where in Japan do you live - our son lives on Shikoku Island and teaches English there.  He loooves Japan!

Hugs,

Brenda

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

There can be a delay when posting new listings. And it can take several minutes to several hours to get everybody's listings posted to the listing.
but think about it there are how many people out there listing items each day and then all of the information is updated automatically by computers. It all takes time just imagine if it was all done by hand? The nightmare that would be.
But if you keep an e-mail list of your ebay buyers you can just e-mail them once a week with your newest listings and send them the link and they will be able to view your listing no problem, barring all other techical issues.

Hi Jared,
     I know it can take a long time for an auction to  show up in the listings after it's started - that wasn't my problem.  My scheduled auction started exactly when it was supposed to and showed up fine Saturday evening in all categories - it was this afternoon it was not  showing up in the listings.  The problem was that there was a huge gap of over 4 1/2 hours  in listing times from the bottom of one page to the top of the next page.   It wasn't just my listing - it was an entire page that was missing for several hours on Ebay today. 

I do have a customer list that I email with a link, and imy auction showed up if you searched for it, BUT if you were a customer just browsing Ebay, it definitely wouldn't have been seen by other potential bidders - it simply wasn't there.  It showed up if you were in the Artist category, but not if you were browsing the Artist one of a kind subcategory, which is where I always browse.  Anyway, it's fixed now and I extended my auction from 3-5 days, to give it extra viewing time.  Take care and bye for now.

Hugs,

Brenda

Board footer