Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Deb Upstate New York

I was born in 1957, so not really a child in the 50's.  Can relate better to things of the 60's and 70's.

This is a good site ... too much to cut and paste.

http://www.kyrene.k12.az.us/schools/bri … e/1960.htm
http://www.kyrene.k12.az.us/schools/bri … e/1970.htm

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I was born in 1955 so I remember the Moon landing...the Rolling Stones....The Beatles....Mary Quant...Thunderbirds......Blue Peter with Valerie Singleton and Christopher Trace for all you in the UK.....I watched the first episode of Coronation Street sitting on the floor by our coal fire...collected books and books of Green Shield Stamps..(whatever happened tp them?)..I watched Ready Steady Go...The Avengers..the first Dr Who......

I bought shoes for 10/6 and thought I'd hit the jack-pot the day my Mum bought me a pair for 21/6...threepenny bits, half-crowns and shillings..Then I remember decimalisation

We bought Five Boys chocolate bars and crisps with bags of salt in...and the pop-man came round delivering pop...we didn't have any because we couldn't afford it...but the baker called and so did the butcher...and the hardware man called with a big van with brushes and brooms strapped to the sides ...I loved the hardware van...it was all shiny and packed with 'stuff'.........

I did have a Hula hoop but couldn't ever do it...the most fun we had was with a skipping rope...I loved it and it kept me trim...maybe I should do it again!!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Yeah I am a 65 model.   I remember flower power, platform shoes and flairs (wide bottom trousers). bear_happy

And of course Abba and Baycity rollers in the 70's  bear_grin

Playing elastics, skip rope and swapping picture cards at school.  :dance:

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Ooh...I had a pair of 'Loons'....I cut a slit in the bottom of my flairs and inset a piece of fabric in the slit....DIY loons!

I tie dyed grandad shirts in my Mums twin tub and didn't wash the dye out of the tub properly...I was in big trouble..and we made smock tops by lying down on a piece of fabric and drawing round eachother and then we sewed it up and gathered it under the bust with elastic

We knitted long scarves on massive knitting pins and I went out in the rain in mine and it started off 6ft long and ended up 10ft because I got soaked through.....those were the days.

Board footer