Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

bear-dress-ebay-006.jpgbear-dress-ebay-005.jpgWell what do you thing of my first photo with my lights and my tent i can only get better

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Fran - sooo much clearer!!!!  bear_thumb

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Well, Miss Franny, I think you might be on to something there!  bear_thumb

Seriously, it looks pretty good. So much brighter and clearer.

New dress, too? Very cute!

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

140-4076_IMG.JPG141-4121_IMG.JPG140-4093_IMG.JPGHere are my first pics with my light tent which was received today!  I think I  bear_wub it :dance:  :dance:

My granddaughter Nikki, with the dirty face, was helping and had to crawl into the tent for pics as well.  Only 51 pics!!! bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

I still need to know how to fold this thing up so that it fits in the package it arrived in.

Great photos Fran!

Jane

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Wow Fran and Jane what a diffrence the light tent makes ......they are great shots

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

For dum dum here, please tell me where , what this light tent is, I know the prof photographer use umbrellas etc to enhance pictures, but did not know that for home use you could make/buy something for home use.
Pictures above all look great.
:clap:
Lynette

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Website

LtTent1.JPGLtTent.JPGThanks Lynette.  Here is what the light tent looks like.  I purchased it off of e-bay for $51 US.  It is 30" x 30" x 30".  The sides are a light canvas material for the lights to shine through and there were 3 backdrops that came with it.

Jane

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Hey Jane what kind of light did you get i got mine today at the hardware shop 2 ---500watts is that right

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Website

I have no idea Fran.  I used a lamp on both sides of the tent with a 60 watt bulbs in them.  Not sure if its right either but it did seem to work okay.  I like your pics better as they seem a lot lighter - no wonder with 500 watts bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

It will take some experimenting but Im happy with my tent already!

Can you fold you light tent up?  Mine popped out of the case and Im not sure how to get it back in bear_grin

Jane

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Fran, that light tent is doing wonderful things for your photography, even at your first attempt.  What a great purchase!  Now I can really SEE all the terrific detailing in those darling dresses you make.  Yay!

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Jane,
The guy on ebay I bought mine from sent me a short video file on how to fold it up....but it's very large and you would need to have broadband to make use of it. Let me know if you have and I'll give you the link. Failing that, I'll do my best to explain it to you, but it's really much easier seeing how it's done!
Great pics you two!!

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

SunnyPandy.jpgGreat Pictures Ladies.
I was so excited beacuse all of the background stuff I ordered got here Tuesday and I finally got a chance to use it today. I'll have to post a picture of it all.
I got some supports, a crossbar, and a roll of white paper. Though it was a bit more than the $51 light cubes off of ebay it is worth the money. I also wanted it so that I can use it to take pictures of MaeLynn and I don't think when she is 12 she will fit into the light cube.
Here's a copy of the first picture I took for mum. The only thing I did was to erase some of the shadows that I got in the upper background.
I use 60 to 100 watt GE Reveal Light bulbs. I usually don't have much trouble with colours needing to be corrected. The other thing I found to be helpful was setting my white balance correctly to incandecent (sp?) lights. That was a HUGE help.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Jare great pics i might be as good one day .where did you get your back drops from? if you don't mine me asking. Lynette i got my tent from digitech ebay very fast delivery

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Fran,
  Great pictures and another beautiful bear in a beautiful dress. Where on earth do you find such wonderful fabrics?
Jane Lovely bears and pictures too. Little Nikki is soo cute!
Jared Your picture looks really good, lovely bear!

Jane  bear_flower

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Fran, another wonderful bear with lovely dress !!!
I love your photo ! it's very clear. bear_grin 

Jane(mo beary)cute bear with your darling grand daughter !  bear_wub
I bought 24"x24" of same light tent and can't fold it either..... bear_tongue

Hayley, if it's not too much of trouble .... would you give me the link too ?  :redface:
I bought same light tent from eBay but I was too scare to fold this thing !  bear_ermm

Jared, great photo ! your mom's panda bear is adorable.  bear_flower 

Hugs/Marie

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Great photo Fran bear_original  I love my light tent and was so excited with my first attempts too  :dance:  it gives the bears so much more dimension.
Gorgeous bears by the way   bear_innocent
hugs sarah

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I bought a light tent off ebay and am not sure that it does any good for me. I bought one that is 24x24 and since my bears are only  3 inches I didn't notice that much difference. I also have not used it on a bright day yet either. I do have two of those 500 watt lamps. I think I might need a smaller cube to shoot the itty bitty bears.
Fran your pictures with your new tent and lights are wonderful, no shadows and show the great detail on your bears.
Jane your granddaughter is definetly a cutie!! bear_grin

Kathy

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

bear-dress-ebay-011.jpgThank to you all i will show you my light

Polo, IL

Now that's what I call lighting!

I went to a photo place online.
www.bhphotovideo.com
There you can get all kind of photo equpiment. It is geared towards the professional photographer, but if you take you time you can figure it out.
This is a link to all of teh backgrounds and they have everything.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/control … Q=&ci=1175

This is the link to the paper backgrounds. They come in variety of widths, 26", 53", 9', & 12'. I would recommend 53" for most of us. Mini-Artists can get away with the 26" width.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/control … Q=&ci=1395

Here's the link to my background support system.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/control … Navigation
It took me a bit to figure out how all of it goes together, they don't include assembly instructions. It is assumed that you know something about what it is you are doing.
he he he

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Website

Wow Fran,

It must be like the sun is shining in bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin   My husband uses that kind of lighting on the construction site.  Makes my 60 watt bulbs look like babies!!

Jane

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

you went to Bunnings didn't you Fran!!

`They aare the ones that dh has and so I have by default  bear_innocent

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Bronwen yes i went to Bunnings it was $14.95 .Jare thank you for the links

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Fran..I have those lights too but the colour they give off is rather yellow...still, I'll give them a try. Unfortunately my camera doesn't have options for different colours of light so I can't adjust it.

Marie the link iswww.thedailylink.com/photographic/tents/tentfolding.avi but it is about 10MB so don't try to download it unless you have broadband.

Let me know how you go!

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Website

Hayley,

That guy makes it look so easy and in 38 seconds bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes

Jane

Polo, IL

Shoot that's just like the little kitty cubes that I bought for the boys.
That's easy enough.

Board footer