Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Pages:
Pipa UK

Sorry this is not Bear related but i really want to find out something and thought the intelligent ladies & Gents at TT might know..  :hug:

a few weeks ago i saw a Tv programme and this lady had the most beautiful. stunning handsome cat i have ever seen... and he was a certain breed.. now i missed the name of the breed but i heard them saying something along the lines that the myth was they originated from a Cat & a Raccoon..

now this cat was alot bigger than your ordinary domestic cat (he is a domestic cat but larger than your normal ones) he was Big !!!! and he was GORGEOUS!!!

So if anyone has any idea of the breed i'd love to know

bear_wub

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Maine Coon

What a giggle hadn't heard that myth but they are huge and they are gorgeous.

clare14 Country Bears
England

What did it look like Pipa??  This any good to you....?

http://www.moggies.co.uk/breeds/maine.html

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

They are beautiful Pipa and I am glad you made this thread.
I have to show you a cat that I just made application for.  She is so beautiful and sounds like she would be a wonderful little friend.
If you have a minute, please check out  Bindi.

Sorry Pipa, I didn't mean to take over your thread...I am just so excited about her and would love to hear what others think.  She is at our local shelter being fostered.
We shall see what happens...had to share.
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=5673485

nanc.......

Oh no,  :doh:  here we go on cats again!!!

Pipa UK

OH my gosh !! thats them Maine Coon..THANKYOU THANKYOU everyone i KNEW you ladies would know  :hug:  .. i just ADORED the cat i saw and WANT ONE RIGHT NOW hehe

Erin - i am SOOO JEALOUS!! can i have your purdy kitty? hehe what is his name ?? ohh i really want one ! we need a pic of you holding him so we can see how big he is in comparrison to a human bear_original

Pipa UK

Ohh i don't mind Nance I'm just chuffed to know the name of the breed now. it's been bugging me forever!! i just had to find out. i tried googling it but couldn't find anything!!

Bindi looks Gorgeous..she has stunning blue eyes!!!!!!!!! What a beauty !!

oops sorry didn't mean to set off another animal thread but when you have an itch..you gotta scratch it *wink*

nanc*e*bears wrote:

They are beautiful Pipa and I am glad you made this thread.
I have to show you a cat that I just made application for.  She is so beautiful and sounds like she would be a wonderful little friend.
If you have a minute, please check out  Bindi.

Sorry Pipa, I didn't mean to take over your thread...I am just so excited about her and would love to hear what others think.  She is at our local shelter being fostered.
We shall see what happens...had to share.
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=5673485

nanc.......

Oh no,  :doh:  here we go on cats again!!!

Oh my gosh Erin, we must have been writing at the exact same time.. I hit submit and waited to see if my link would come up and these absolutley gorgeous green eyes started to appear.  I thought ...what in the world, I didn't put a cat on my post.  ahahahaha.
Wow, what a beauty !! You do realize that he has the mouth and lip like Shelli's, and Kim's bears...that we are all dying to make.  I think we should study you cat....V E R Y carefully...
Nanc.......

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

A coworker has one and she said hers acts kind of like a dog bear_original

HEY>>>> you girls must type a lot faster than me !!!  Everytime I hit submit...two more are ahead of me. bear_grin  bear_grin

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I haven't seen one for years I don't think thy are popular ot here.  I have 2 that are just mixed breds, a creamy ginger one, and a baby tricolour. I love cats Dh can't stand them  bear_laugh   bear_laugh

Pipa UK

I WANT ONE.. I WANT ONE..I WANT ONE....

i just fell in love with the breed when i saw him on Tv.. ohh honestly i am soo envious of you all who have one of these beauties!! not that i don't love my ordinary kitty to death because i do but if i ever got another cat i would want one of these !!!!!!!!

and Erin  Nuhny is the same colour as the one i saw on TV!!!!!

Pipa UK

he he.. mine's just an ordinary breed too because all of my cats (except the one i have now who was born to a stray we took in) are one's i have taken in off the street that turned up at my door half starved so i've never had to go out and buy cats but boy if i ever did buy a breed it would be one of those guys !!

Bambridge Bears wrote:

I haven't seen one for years I don't think thy are popular ot here.  I have 2 that are just mixed breds, a creamy ginger one, and a baby tricolour. I love cats Dh can't stand them  bear_laugh   bear_laugh

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

nanc*e*bears wrote:

mouth and lip like Shelli's, and Kim's bears...that we are all dying to make.  I think we should study you cat....V E R Y carefully...

I DO study my cats (we have four!)  So, good pointer, I think, Nanc! bear_original

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Cats do seem to have a way of landing on their feet....well, except for my last Birman girl, Kitty.  She didn't have the reflex to land on her feet ~ at all!  (Literally.  bear_grin But figuratively she landed well on her feet by getting adopted by us after she'd strayed)

Yep, Maine Coon cat....and they're not kidding, they are HUGE, much larger than an ordinary housecat.  Cannot tell you how many times I had customers tell me on the phone they were bringing in a Maine Coon to be groomed, and I'd get excited because these guys are simply amazing...very snuggly as well as stunning, and very laid back about the whole grooming thing.  Then in walks the usual....obesed housecat, that the proud owner is sure is a Maine Coon  bear_rolleyes  Ummm, no, but how are you supposed to gently tell someone their cat needs to go on a diet?  bear_whistle

Nancy, I got truly excited when I followed your link.....you will love this girl if you get to adopt her!!!!   bear_wub  Ragdolls are the sweetest, and I mean, absolute sweetest breed of cat on the face of the planet.  The smidgen of Siamese will possibly make her a tad more active (most rags are marshmellows with a capital M), and possibly give her a bit more common sense.  You see, most Ragdolls think the entire world loves them....even fast moving cars, and cat eating dogs.  They simply have no sense of self preservation because they firmly believe whatever's coming at them will love them.   bear_wub   Hence, the need to keep them indoors.

I miss having Kitty Kitcat about....  bear_cry We lost our Bir girl several years ago, but I never got over the loss.  Unfortunately its hard to find a 'new' kitty because Hubby has allergies to cats.  We only got by with Kitty because she was fab to wash, and adored the force dryer (yes! she really did!).  I was able to keep her bathed and fluffed, so the allergens (cat dander, saliva and excess fur) was kept at bay for Eldon.  Most of you with cats will realize what an absolute oddity this was with Kitty.....so no new cat on the horizon for me  bear_cry  I'll go hug Kitty's bear instead, now....

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

CATS CATS CATS!!  LOVE CATS!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub   And Maine Coons are fantastic!!  Nancy, your Bindi is awesome . . . do adopt her!!  Thanks, ladies, for the wonderful photos!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Erin, your kitty is gorgeous!

Nancy, I took a peek at Bindi. What a stunning cat. I hope you get to adopt her!

pookie.jpgOh, hope you don't mind me throwing in some pics too! I haven't shared any pics of my kitty yet.

Pookie is seal-point Himalayan. She's my baby! She's going to be 11 years old this summer. Her attitude has changed drastically in the recent past. She was always a real snooty cat. It was a real chore for her to let me pet her for a minute! Now she is so sweet and lovey. Daniel says "grandma" knows she's gettin old so she better get some love while she can!

I'd love to get another cat, but she prefers to be an only cat. She tolerates the dogs, but no cats! Someday if I ever get another cat, I'd like to get a Bengal. They are so neat. I found a couple pics on the net to show you.

beacon1.jpgAlen1.jpgHere's some Bengals

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Pookie is beautiful!  I have a 15 year old long haired calico and she certainly has mellowed in her old age.  Thank goodness!

Thank you, SueAnn & Erin!

Erin, they come from wild cats!

The ones that can be adopted are 4th or 5th generations bred from Asian Leopard Cats. Now these aren't leopards like we usually think. They are small cats not too much bigger than a regular house cat. But wild, nonetheless.

Oh, gee, that would be nice! I usually have one or two 65lb. dogs in my bed! And the dumb one will lay right on me and go to sleep! My Pookie never did like to sleep in the bed.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Erin I love your kitty, so cute and Nancy that one at the animal shelter is darling also.
Pipa - good luck if you decide to get that cat - great looking cats.
Sandi, thanks for sharing the photo of your cat Pookie.
We have a Himalayan Sealpoint also, called Louie and I will take some photos of him
on the digital camera (have some in albums). He has just come back from a cattery
with a cold that he caught from another cat whilst there.
He was taken to the vet and is on a course of antibiotics, so not very happy and acting
all smoochy and wants to be around us all the time.
The Bengals are great cats.

Hugs
Carolyn

Aww, sorry to hear about Louie. I hope he feels better soon, although I'm sure you don't mind the smoochies.  bear_wub

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Erin you make me smile! We have a 12 year old Dalmation named Michah and she has slept with us since she was a pup. She sleeps between us under the covers and on the pillow! Ha Ha ! Garnet says there is no romance because Michah shares her bed with us!

Many Hugs Louise

P.S. Michah is my baby!!

bear_grin Yes, I guess they do keep me warm.

Actually, I don't mind as long as there is room for me! Gracie, the not so smart one, almost always sleeps with us. She usually will lie down by me feet and it's usually okay. But sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and she is on top of my feet or legs which makes that body part go numb! Now Marco is the one I worry about. He is Daniel's baby. Example...last night I came into the bedroom after Daniel. I almost just turned back around and headed for the couch! Daniel was on his side already pretty close to the edge and Marco was sprawled across the rest of the bed. Not much left for me! And so stubborn. I squeeze in the best I can and try to nudge him over a bit. Nothing. He just goes on snuggling with Daddy and ignoring my attempts to move him! And my goofy Gracie. She's my alarm clock. When that buzzer sounds she jumps completely on top of me and licks my face to death! And the more I move my hands around trying to block her slobbers, the more excited she gets...and I always lose!

bear_laugh  bear_laugh Louise, I have to admit that sometimes I am grateful to see those dogs in my bed.  bear_whistle

Pages:

Board footer