Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Matthea Ontario

DSC02670.jpgDSC02667.jpgDSC02668.jpgThis was the first bear I've finished in years. He was a Christmas gift for my best friend, Travis, from college. He's a huge horror movie fan so I thought a zombie would be fitting. Personally, I'm a scaredy-cat and I don't like gore (it can trigger anxiety attacks in me).
The bear isn't that good, but it has the look I was going for. I neglected to take photos of him before I gave him to Trav, but he and my husband hung out together last night so Mat was able to borrow Zombie bear back so I could take some pictures...

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Brrrrrrr..... I would not like him to visit me next night! Great zombie bear, Matthea... just the perfect scary look! But ask him to stay in his home. I am quite a scaredy-cat too...
How did you make his eyes and claws?

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

GREAT gift for the horror movie fan friend, Matthea!!!  You did good!

Matthea Ontario

Thanks  bear_laugh
The eyes are regular german glass with spackling compound.  I just globbed it on, let it dry, then sanded them down. It gave me the vacant I wanted because it is so matte.
The claws are just bits of ultra suede.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awesome, and such a contradiction:  a SCARY teddy bears?  I'm sure your friend got a great kick and compliment out of your efforts to make it for him.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

AAAAHHH!!!  He is creative!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_sad Ahhhhhhh!!!  He's scary!  bear_sad  But I guess that's the whole point....I think you did a great job with him  bear_thumb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Now this is the very first Zombie bear I have ever seen.  You are very creative!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Your friend would have been delighted to receive his Zombie Bear.
Great job Matthea.

bear_original

Board footer