Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Do you have any suggestions for removing needlefelting from a mohair face?  Does it destroy the cotton backing where it has been needlefelted?  First it was a needlefelted mouth, then it became a chin also.  Now it has to go, it looks awful!
Thanks for any help!
Donna

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Sorry Donna, I'm with Erin. I to have tried to take it off.(a whole face) and found that all I could do was cut it back as far as I dared. I couldnt remove all of it because it had been felted too deeply. It was well and truely attached. I just refelted over it. I dont like what I have done so think I may have to do a whole new head.
No solutions here possum. bear_smile  matilda

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Donna, I am with Erin and Matilda.  I would just cut it down as far as you can and rework it.   This should work fine.

Let us know how it works for you. :hug:

Deb Upstate New York

OMG ... this sounds so painful and cruel!  Thankfully, they don't get their little heartbeat until the face is complete.  RIGHT?

bear_grin

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Painful and cruel.....I have taken my addisson forcepts and actually pulled eyebrows and "flesh" around the eyes off....and on Pigmonkey bear, who really will get a new face soon, I cut it off.  It doesn't destroy the cotton, and infact, gives you a really good solid foundation to re-felt into.....I tend to make a lot of mistakes and am always re-doing my surgical procedures on the faces......

dont be afraid.....but also if you use scissors, watch your angle and don't cut deeply....

good luck!

dilu

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA
Deb wrote:

OMG ... this sounds so painful and cruel!  Thankfully, they don't get their little heartbeat until the face is complete.  RIGHT?

:lol:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
hahahahahehehehahahahahehehehehehehaaahhhheheheaaahhhhh
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Matilda bear_flower

Board footer