Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

-small-taffy.jpgIMG_0108-small.jpgIMG_0104.JPGI finally finished the tie-dyed(batiked) bear I was working on.(Inspired by Marie's avatar!) I used Intercal's 340S/b . She is 11 inches tall sitting- 15 full length but she doesn't stand because she has bent legs. I named her "Taffy" because she reminds me of a box of saltwater taffy. I am thinking of putting her on the Bears for Sale page but I'm not sure I'm ready for that step yet! bear_original
   Suzanne

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, she's very pretty, and looks incredibly soft.  I like the coloring on her a lot; not too much, not too little, just right.  Like the story of Goldilocks!

Very cute!

As for selling her... sometimes in this industry you've just gotta be brave and take a leap; hope for the best; prepare for the worst.  The worst being... not this time... live and maybe learn something in the process... hopefully, next time.  NOT "YOUR WORK SUCKS."  Just to be clear. :)

Good luck!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

She is marvellous ! I would buy her if I could ! :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

SHE IS ADORABLE!!! I really love her nose too!!! I think you should put her on the Bears for Sale Page... I just took a leap... my first ones were pretty bad and every once in a while I have a "dud" but there is always someone out there that will love a bear.. ya know, different tastes

I think you have nothing to be worried about!!!  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Beautiful fur on your cute little one, Suzanne!  Go for it!

New Jersey

Thank you all for your encouraging words. I am always so gratified to see responses when I post, because I know I'm fairly "quiet" when it comes to posting. I do read most days though. All you lurkers- Take a lesson from me.. Go ahead and post. Everyone is so nice even when they don't know you well! bear_grin
Suzanne

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh what a pretty pretty bear! I love Taffy! I want some salt water Taffy now!

Many Hugs Louise

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Taffy is great!  :clap: What's not to love? That fur is really nice, very soft looking. bear_thumb  bear_thumb

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

GO FOR IT SUZANNE PUT ON 'FOR SALE'. She deserves it.  bear_thumb
A really lovely bear. Love the choice of fabric and the pattern. They work marvelously together. bear_thumb    Matilda

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Suzanne, this bear is sooooo cute!
I love his ears! and his colours! all!

Don't be shy and try selling him!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I think you did a wonderful job and like Shelli said...sometimes you have to just take a leap.  Never give up.  He is really a darling bear and I love that mohair!

New Jersey

I can't believe it... Taffy is SOLD! I work part time at a coffee shop and the owner lets me display bears there. I have sold 5 of the bears I had back in Dec. there. Anyway, I took Taffy in yesterday afternoon when I was working and someone came in today that had seen her and wants me to bring her over so that she can buy her!  bear_grin  I can't get over this as the other bears I sold had all been sitting around for a while, since I was making them for the craft fair. I guess I'll have to make a new one to try my hand at selling on the internet... :dance:  :dance:
Suzanne

Board footer