Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Matthea Ontario

I did this spot last year for a Canadian Channel called the Space Channel (all sci-fi, all the time). I did have to shave my head, which was soooo comfortable. But I did wear a hat for months.
It recently won gold at the BDA media awards. I didn't have anything to do with that at all! That's for all the 3D animators!

click on the Movies from Space box, and that's me :)

http://monkbot.com/

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Cool!!!!
bear_thumb

LynBlair Posts: 139

You're gorgeous, Matthea!  :clap:  Cool film, too.  bear_thumb   You look fabulous with a shaved head, as well.  bear_angry

Hugs,
Lyn

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Okay, Matthea... I'm lost.  You once mentioned doing animation (I think, and am too busy to look it up)... but this particular spot wasn't your handiwork?  You're just the model?

You do look fabulous with a shaved head.  Very Star Trek movie. !!! :)

Remind me of your profession and credentials.  I've been admiring your Warhol-esque avatar for a while and I seem to recall you're a design chick of one sort or another, but I read so much here every day I honestly sometimes can't keep people and details matched.

Can't wait to hear!

Very cool ad!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Thanks for showing us Matthea..... Very impressive work.

bear_thumb

Matthea Ontario

filters.jpgHaha Shelli, I know what you mean. I read so much here, and on different sites, I mix things up all the time. I jumble things together sometimes!

That's me the shoot. I've done model work here and there. I don't go out looking for it, but my husband Mat own a company that does broadcast design and print work. When people come in for meetings sometimes they see pictures of me and ask if they can get 'that girl' for upcoming projects. It's fun, but I won't shave my head again. At least not for a little while.
The business does graphic design, animation, and concept work. I consult for them and art direct. AKA bossing Mat around and telling him to change things. I don't have much in the way hard computer skills. After Effects and all those programs are way over my head, but then again, I've never tried them out so I shouldn't complain.

Mostly, I'm a 'domestic'.  bear_grin  That's what I like calling housewives.

My little avatar is just one of the bears I held up to my isight camera on my mac. Nothing was done to it at all. There are all these filters that auto change things. MAC isight rocks! Here is me right now in some different filters: xray, glow, pop art, pencil crayon, comic, thermal (the one with red teeth - [INVALID]  bear_rolleyes  )

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Waaaay cool, Matthea!!  How much fun!!

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Very cool Matthea. Thanks for sharing. bear_original

Matthea Ontario

The new macs are amazing! So much fun. And they run programs like a dream

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

:clap:  :clap:
Great spot  ! You are fantastic with shaved head (and without of course bear_original bear_original - Sure those red teeths are [INVALID] ! ;)- ). Thanks so much for sharing !

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

how cool....I watch Space channel all the time and that clip is familiar to me. Now I have a name to go with it!

Marion

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

OKAY Matthea............ you are not allowed to be gorgeous and make bears OK?

..................There are already far too many good lookers here on TT and as representative of the UOBS (Ugly Old Bints Society) i cordially ask you to refrain from parading your gorgeous good looks and to eat more chocolate and crisps to fill out that disgustingly thin frame (sigh) of yours, take less excercise thus aiding the saddle bags and Bingo wings phenomenon so widespead amongst us mere mortals and cancel all future visits to the dentist thus bringing yourself into line with the European Union directive which states "all members must neglect oral hygene thus ensuring the inclusiveness of those who are snaggle toothed and discoloured"...................

...........If you should need ANY further help at all in becoming a member of UOBS please don't hesitate to contact me here in my locked cell at the Institute of 'Boy Ain't That Ugly Grandma' Plastic Surgeons, Ward 7 - The Incurably Inoperable But Hey! Technology Is Growing Every Day Department c/o Teddy Talk.

Yours

Penny  bear_wub

P.S. Loved the video - great accent, are yu a closet Brit?

ellen ontario, canada

good grief you KILL me penny.    bear_grin   bear_grin   bear_grin  bear_flower
thank you!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Penny, you need to write a book.  Seriously.

Matthea Ontario

Photo-158.jpgPenny that's hilarious! Is eating a bag of Cadbury cream eggs for breakfast a step to becoming a member of the UOBS? That's what I ate for breakfast honestly, and I LOVED every bite! I wish they sold those eggs year 'round.  bear_wub

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Hahahahaha Penny! Have you ever considered going into comedy?!

Wow, Matthea, I am very impressed...love the clip (big Trek fan here!), you look fantastic in it and the effects are incredible. I'm not surprised you get those modelling jobs! Good for you!  :clap:

*wanders back to the UOBS headquarters*  bear_whistle  bear_grin

Matthea Ontario

Tons of makeup at 3D computer rendering can do wonders!
I'm a big trek fan too. I'm a geek, I'm watching it right now on Spike Tv
I probably wont be getting an gigs anytime soon. I'm type-cast now as the bald chick, or the girl with the mohawk. (long story...I would do it, but my husbands ex-girlfriend from high school who is somewhat a stalker copies all my hair cuts and just grew a mohawk after shaving her head so I don't want to do anything that might give her an idea that I'm copying her. By the way Mat and I have been together 7 years! Go away nut-case!)

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Cadbury's cream eggs for brekkie eh?  How ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!!!!!  bear_shocked

Got any left?  bear_tongue

Penny - the optically challenged one with two heads and teeth like one of those thingies for getting the stones out of horses hooves
bear_wacko

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Maybe I should open a chapter of UOBS here in Canada....sigh.

Marion

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Matthea wrote:

Go away nut-case!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Hey Matthea I have PMd you.
And I hate exes like that Grrr.  Yes I had one but she has gone now thank god.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh My !  You are simply gollygorgeousgirl!  Noe everyone can carry the shaved head look, but are beautiful, and the shape of your head is perfect, elegant!

Thank you for sharing the pictures with us.  It is great fun to learn about our teddysisters....

dilu

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Matthea, thanks for sharing your video.  If you have any problems with that nut girl, you've got a lot of TTers to back you up.   bear_original

Penny, you are too funny!   bear_grin

Board footer