Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi everyone. I was reading a post that Sunnie post this morning on the awards and I thought I would share my idea. 

I posted

I have a thought? Ok...no laughing!  bear_grin     

Why don't we have our own TTA; Teddy Talk Awards or what ever name?     
Once the teddy bears are selected by the advisers for example, all the members can vote on the selected bears to choose their favorties.

Just a thought!

After posting it. I thought it would be a really good idea and a lot of fun. I may not be the first to suggest this but, I wanted to just incase. 
Quy..... is going...... "Oh no".... bear_shocked   :doh: 
We will all give you a big hug Quy........ :hug:  :hug:  :hug: 

Everyone have a great day!

Big Bear Hugs  :hug: 
Kassity

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yeah, I suggested this on Shelli's post of the official Golden Teddy nominations....

I think it's a great idea!!  bear_grin   bear_tongue   bear_grin

:hug: Daphne

Matthea Ontario

I second the motion

Oregon

Hi Daphne,

I figgered someone else must have..... I didn't think it was a really big brain storm on my part... bear_grin  bear_grin 

Wouldn't it fun!!!!!  bear_original 

Maybe if enough of us asked or begged.... we just may get one started.

Big Hugs
Kassity

ScottBear scott's bears

wTileMugsPlate.jpgwI-5687.jpgHI KASSITY ...Great project with great potential. As more and more of our world moves more to online sales and support your online awards idea makes very good and savvy sense . Building a portfolio of awards and acomplishments for collectors online seams to be important as they are unable to see many of the artists work like the days of big shows with tables full of bears ...
May I sugest that getting SHELLI to make a cool avatar like Image that the winners could  place into the winning bear image..

I will donate a custom framed sublimated ceramic tile made from the winning photos in each category as a award for the winners to show on tables when they do shows
(I will post pics of what the tiles look like for you all to see)
This awards concept has my full support and I will do anything to help put this into the works !!
BearHug
SCOTT

Oregon

Hi Scott,

That is so great!!!!! Scott

I agree!!!!!

Building a portfolio of awards and acomplishments for collectors online seams to be important as they are unable to see many of the artists work

Teddy Talk is growing and there are some many very talented artist on here, we should have our own awards. That would be wonderful!

your online awards idea

I can't take all the credit thro. Daphne and I am sure many others have suggested it. But, you are right, we can all work together and hopefully help put this into the works !!

I will donate a custom framed sublimated ceramic tile made from the winning photos in each category as a award for the winners to show on tables when they do shows

Thank you Scott,  that is so great!!! I am sure all the girls will be very excided about that. I know I am!!!! :clap:  :clap: 

May I sugest that getting SHELLI to make a cool avatar like Image that the winners could  place into the winning bear image..

I think that is a really great too!!!! She may be very busy thro!!! I seem to remember a post about that somewhere. But, we would love it if she could thro???  bear_original  :hug: 

Thanks Matthea!!!!! The more support the better!  :hug:

Keep the great ideas coming!!!!!

Big Hugs
Kassity

ScottBear scott's bears

wTileMugsPlate.jpgwmugpic2.jpgall the products you see in the pics I make using whats called color SUBLIMATION and is photo quality done by myself...
YES I can do teeshirts but my proccess is done using very high quality photo inks and is a bit more exspencive then what you all want for you workout tees

In the next few weeks I will "come out of the closet" with all the products that I can make and that you can sell to your collectors or just for yourself
(I am starting to feel better and getting back to myself and may be willing to start to take a few orders)
BearHugs
SCOTT

Deb Upstate New York

How about everyone is a winner and we have TT mugs available for purchase?  bear_grin  bear_thumb

Oregon

Hi Scott,

Sorry,,, lost my internet. 
Anyway. I did not see the pictures at my lost post. They are great!!!!

I am glad to hear you are feeling better.  bear_original  :hug: 

Deb...ya we are all that! 

Be back later....back to work!!!!

Big Hugs
Kassity

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

I'm with Deb  bear_happy  :).

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I'm so exited for TT awards idea !!!!  :clap:

Hi Scott,  your frame and mugs are cool !  bear_thumb 

Hugs/Marie

Oregon

Hi Marie,     

That is great!!!!! It is nice to chat about different ideas!!!!  bear_original     
I am excited about the possibilities for everyone too. It would be great to have  something like this to share with everyone. I am anxious to find out if it is possible or not. ????     bear_original

Big Hugs  :hug:

Kassity

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

I too think it's a brillant idea!

Right now, I'm doing bear show on my Russian forum. That would kinda same idea that some of have in your classess. One pattern, different interpretetion. the prize will be a fat cut of mohair. My girls are very exited!
On-line shows, on-line classess, on-line friends.......................It's time to establish an on-line award.
As for TT forum it could be
not just awards for bears but some kind of award for members, like best in show  bear_laugh  bear_laugh (just kidding)  bear_whistle  :redface: since we are on the forum..like chatter-qween (Kim, were are you?)? or best topic owner (Dilu), master of the Universe (Shelli), or ... bear_grin

Hugs, Julia

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Okay Then - shall we do it?

Matthea Ontario

Maybe  we could have odd catagories too perhaps...
Best face expression, silliest, most creative...
Just an idea

Matthea Ontario

I noninate myself for 'most misshapen paw pads' and 'non-proportional limbs to body'

and the nominee for the 'Isiah' award is..............me  bear_tongue   bear_laugh   bear_grin

nettie scotland
Website

What a good idea and what a  clever wee scone you are Scott!!!
I can make the most depressed looking bear no sweat!!!,If thats a category.
I must say on ebay I get cheesed of at folks who list awards.I have a few but never mention them in a listing.Oops I am being an old fart again.
I see the point at shows and I sometimes used to display my magazine interviews etc but on ebay it seems to bug me.
One day I must have been feeling off and was going to list my swimming awards and power lifting awards on my bear lsiting!!!How churlish of me!!!I didn't but I do feel like puting non award winning artist under a listing some days.
How weird am I ????

If i can put forward my twopennethworth here..........

I think that it should be free to enter

You can only enter each category once

All the usual categories but how about a fun one too - 'Ugliest first bear' for example

Prizes to be a certificate but no silly cups etc - if we are'nt paying anything to enter i don't think we should get prizes really - it should be for the kudos of winning

Judging - judging should be by appointed judges plus in a category 'Artists Artist Award' where we get to choose the winners

Any good? Are we any further?  bear_whistle

Penny  :hug:

Oregon

Hi everyone,

Penny, Matthea, Erin, Julia, Nettie
You all crack me up!!!!  bear_grin

All your guys have great ideas! And because we all have bears like that , it should indeed be a category. Just for the laughs.  bear_grin I know I find my deformed teddies very laughable! HEHEHE I have a couple, that I made out of fur real...that just look too funny!  bear_grin  bear_grin!

Marie...me too!!!!  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Big Hugs   :hug:
Kassity

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'm avoiding jumping in here for only one reason.... I have way too much floating around in my head already with planning/organizing my first teddy bear show later this year and I've just added 3 more workshops to my schedule plus 2 new galleries to sell my work in, the swap and... and... and....

Otherwise I'd be tempted to sit and dream up all kinds of ideas as I judge bears anyway with the artisan league I belong to.

I do think one important part is missing..... the OK by TT and/or it's advisors to do this, make it official, give out awards with Teddy Talk mentioned on them, never mind giving the awards a name with Teddy Talk part of the name.

Everything is always a great idea until the red tape comes along. I'm hitting so much of it with my show that I can't deal with anymore.

Sorry to be a party poop. I'm struggling with a lot of things right now, personally and hate that I can't help out with this one!!

You've all come up with some fantastic and fun ideas. I hope this can take off!

Scott, I'm going to keep you in mind as I want to do something to give all the artists who participate in my bear show... a mug or something with the show name on it. And I'll be doing a bear contest... something other than ribbons for the winners would be nice. Come on out of the closet and show us what all you do!!!  bear_grin

Oregon

the OK by TT and/or it's advisors to do this

Daphne, you are right.  bear_original
I realize it has to be. To me, it is just an idea and without the TT and Advisors to make it official, it just an idea.  bear_whistle

I am anxious to find out if it is possible or not. ????

Sorry to be a party poop. I'm struggling with a lot of things right now, personally and hate that I can't help out with this one!!

Oh don't worry Daphne, that is ok!!!  :hug:  bear_original
It was just an fun idea and if it doesn't go,,,that is ok too. I just thought at the time, that it would be cool to be able to have one on TT, so everyone could be part of it.

Thanks Daphne...big hug..... good luck on your bear show.  :hug:   bear_original

Kassity

Board footer