Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Here is a fabulous site to bookmark for future reference..... I've had this in my "favorite places" lists for years!

http://www.thistothat.com/

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

Hi Kim- thanks for the site. I couldn't find an answer to my glue question though-(maybe there isn't one)- Is there a good adhesive for putting glitter or fairy dust on mohair with out making the mohair all hard and stiff?  bear_original

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio
sewzanne wrote:

Is there a good adhesive for putting glitter or fairy dust on mohair with out making the mohair all hard and stiff?  :)

I've done a couple of bears that have a wee bit of glittery accents around the eyes... I used an acrylic based fabric paint that has glitter in it... But, it does have a bit of stiff feel... it's not like airbrush acrylics that are so fine that they don't have that stiff feel to them....

I think that you are going to have a little bit of stiffness no matter what you use when trying to "attach" glittery things....

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
WildThyme wrote:

I've done a couple of bears that have a wee bit of glittery accents around the eyes... I used an acrylic based fabric paint that has glitter in it...

I did this with Angela and am doing it now with my commissioned bear.... I have only done it around the eyes, never the whole body...  bear_original

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

I couldn't get into it either maybe Australians are barred  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I also have floral spray with glitter in it but am afriad to use it on anything yet.... I think maybe Nancy T. had it in her book that you can use it... bear_original

Board footer