Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Dear friends,

I cannot accept that. Danni has worked too hard on it. That's not fair.
WE MUST SAVE BEARWITCHED!

Please, Danni help us see what we can do for you to keep Bearwitched working!

I agree with Nancy that maybe if many of us participate, we can keep Bearwitched alive!

Danni, please, give the list of all tasks that are time consumming and we could share with you!

I can help.

Who else?

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi Sophie,

I am willing to help. I only need to know what needs to be done.  I could give some time if needed. bear_original
I hope she takes this very kind offer and reconsiders.  bear_original
But, it is really up Danni. Maybe if she doesn't want to continue; this effort may help.

It is a very nice act on your part Sophie.  bear_original

Big Hugs  :hug:
Kassity

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

I can help too !
(mm... if I have to write in english, there will be work for someone else for correcting my words bear_laugh but I can do anything else really !)
:hug:

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Sophie, I am glad you grabbed my idea and ran with it.  I never thought about making a seperate post concerning this matter...I know how ideas get lost in long threads and look, now we have other volunteers.

I (like you Sophie) sincerely meant my offer to help...I think with a lot of us involved, if Danni likes the idea, we can keep all her hard work going for the enjoyment of many.  My problem, as I said...is: is this possible?  I don't know all the workings of how something like this is put together.

Of course, there is always one of my mothers many philosophies..."if you want to destroy something, form a committee" bear_grin

I think we need some in-put from Danni here!!!

Anyway, thank you Sophie for 'marching on..........'

:hug:

Nanc........

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Marion, I can help you with the English  bear_wub

I love that you guys are pitching in, I hope Danni reads this and sees the support she has, I hate to see all her work go for naught.

You guys are really special!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Hufs

dilu

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles
Dilu wrote:

Marion, I can help you with the English  :love:

Thanks so much, dear friend !  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

You all are so super.  :hug:
Unfortunately there are many out there who weren't quite as supportive by the sounds of it.

How many of you do your own website? How often do you update it? How long does it take you? Not to just do one photo/description of your latest bear to do a lot of major work to it?

I have not done a website like Bearwitched nor do I know what esaxtly goes into all of it but I do know that in order to publish a monthly ezine an entire site needs to be created each time. Sure the template she has already done but she must go in and insert the new articles, new interviews, new photos to go with each. Develop a format that will look appealing, etc. Then she's the one that comes up with a theme for pictures each month and has to layout and edit the pictures that everyone sends in to fit her format and look appealing. THen there is the free bear giveaway.... finding people to donate the bear, promoting that. Sending out emails to remind folks who are writing articles when the deadline is. Writing a monthly newletter to all members. I'm thinking this is all just the tip of the iceberg and Danni should be here telling you this herself. But please keep in mind that she's doing all of this for FREE!!

When bear aritsts start insulting and complaining about what she's doing... what she's giving up her time to do for FOR them for free it can leave a very bad taste in your mouth which I'm sure you can understand. To change it all and start charging for membership or services of some sort to help PAY Danni for the work she does would require her to give another huge chunk of her time.

IT IS VERY VERY TIME CONSUMING to do what Danni has tried to do and because most is computer work on the site it has to be done by the administrator (Danni).

We all know how much time just being on TT can suck out of our day!! So we can apprecite what Danni has given to help the bear industry. But I'm sure it's cut into her time to create her bears and those beautiful quilted vintage handbags she's started doing.

So, if she wants to stop Bearwitched, and we can't pursuade her to keep doing it with all of our offers.... then I think we also need to respect her wishes.

You guys are the best... I'm glas to be part of such a supportive bunch and I hope Danni is too!!

Hugs :hug:
Daphne

If there is some way for everyone to help keep Bearwitched alive I think it's a great idea.... just wanted to give you a general idea of what all is involved.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Very well stated Daphne.  I agree that for at least right now Danni needs make the decision on whether this is something she wants to continue with.  Poor girl...I can only imagine how she must feel.  I think the best thing we can do for her is support her no matter what her decision is.

I would be of no help because I can't even get my own website going.   bear_grin  bear_tongue

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Let me know what is needed! :hug:

Kelly Blondheart
Colorado Springs, Colorado

You might get a lil more support if you explained what Bearwitched is for those of us who don't know......

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kelly: Here is a link to Danni's introduction of her site: http://www.intercaltg.com/teddytalk/vie … hp?id=3284
You can also use the Search option at the top of the page here and type in BEARWITCHED... you'll learn more there.

tarnuf Hamilton New Zealand

bear_original I will help just let me know wot needs to be done  :hug:

Board footer