Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Well, I'm not sure how I'm gonna get out of this predicament without admitting that I made a total idiot out of myself!  Obviously, I heard the WRONG bear's name when Mindy called.  And, yup, I will have to confess to having a major hearing disability . . . I wear hearing aids in both ears, but still have great difficulty understanding words sometimes - especially over the phone.  I can't tell you how silly I feel at this moment - and VERY OLD!  The bear of mine that got nominated was Burleson . . . in the same category as Judi's Sherwood (large undressed) . . . NOT Dumplin' as I proclaimed earlier.  Don't ask me how I got "Dumplin'" out of "Burleson", but I'm always mis-hearing stuff my husband says and he cackles when I tell him what I thought he said.  I apologize to each of you for misleading you all.  Please DON'T feel you need to comment on Burleson . . . you already spend so much time on TT and I do feel your support.  What you said about Dumplin' will be applied to Burleson in my book.  I hope you all will forgive me for being such a dodo - boy, I am just about ready to slink away to a dark closet and hang out there for a day or two.   :redface:  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Hey!! Sue Ann! My gosh that is just fine Darlin!! Yes we want to see pics!1 We love your work and we love you so come on Girly!!! Fess Up!!!

many Hugs and Much Love Louise

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Aw Sue Ann, don't feel bad!  As long as Dumplin' understands, there's no harm done  bear_happy

Besides, look at it this way.  If saying "Remember that one bear of mine that I said was nominated for a TOBY?  I was wrong, my other bear got nominated for a TOBY!" is the worst thing that happens to you this year, you're doing pretty well for yourself!
bear_original

:hug:
Kelly

Densteds Densteds
Website

Way I see it Sue Ann, there's a definitely advantage to your hearing loss, you can get away with saying whatever you like to hubs and just blame it on your ears  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_grin  bear_grin

Congratulations you're one very talented teddy maker, & goodluck with Burleson!!! bear_thumb  bear_thumb

big hugs, :hug:  :hug:
Denise.

ps And yes!! of course we want to see pics!!!!

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Sue Ann, if I can get my kids mixed up and call them the wrong names, you can do it with your bears...Oops...I do that too bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Congrats on whosamijig whatdoyacallhim :dance:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

All of you bears are lovely SueAnn and  big congratulations with  Burleson's nomination.

Instead of going to a dark closet you need to be on a pedestal - you very talented Lady.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

If you are going to get things mixed up, make sure its good news. It must feel fantastic, all the best! bear_flower

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Sue-Ann, please don't feel bad.  :hug:  :hug: 
Big Congrats for your other bear Burleson !!!!   bear_laugh  :clap:  bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Sue Ann you darling lady you. It just shows how excited you were to hear Mindy telling you that your bear had been nominated, you just didn't get the name right that's all Burleson,  Dumplin'  it doen't matter which bear it is as all your bears are so wonderful. Pictures of Burleston PLEASE!

Hugs Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Yep, piccies please! 

Sue Ann, you made me chuckle with your confession - don't worry, we've all been in similar predicaments at one time or another I'm sure!!  I drive my kids nuts with my inability to remember what they've told me from one minute to the next ... I reckon age is creepin' up on me too girl!!  ;)

Whichever bear got nominated, you sure earned it!  bear_flower

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I'd like to see a piccy too Sue Ann  :hug:

Don't worry - the excitement was obviously too much for you  :dance:

I probably would have fainted so i reckon you did pretty good to hear ANYTHING!

Congrats again Sue Ann  bear_wub

Penny  bear_tongue

Deb Upstate New York

That's a ghastly mistake?

Congratulations SueAnn, on Burleson's nomination!

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Ahhh Sue Ann dear heart...it happens to the best of us deafies ya know. The number of times I get into a predicament that is embarressing due to my hearing loss....ya just gotta laugh at yourself. T'would be worse if you had got the call to tell you that you missed out on a TOBY and you thought it was the opposite now wouldn't it! The wrong bear...well now that's a nice little mistake, not ghastly!

Just tonight...we had out of town visitors and were having a lovely summery walk along the beack in the twilight, after having enjoyed fish and chips on the beach. It had taken us a while to find a park as there were lots of people out and about with a similar idea to us. The conversation turned to our dairy farm and we chatted about that for a few minutes. Then the fella said to me. 'That marking can be a bit of a problem can't it!' I had a bit of a laugh and said "Well yes, it's not that pleasant, but at least we don't do it with our teeth like I've heard they did in the old days!"....My 14 year old son cracked up laughing. Mum! He said PARKING...not MARKING!!!... Boy was I embarressed. Hearing loss can be so annoying!! bear_tongue

For those of you who don't know what 'marking' is....it's the term used for removing the testicles of male calves so they become steers. bear_tongue

No need to apologize Sue Ann...I don't even have my age to blame. bear_ermm  :hug:
Looking forward to seeing Burleson!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Sue Ann -  you don't have to apologize for anything, the confusion is understandable with all the excitement of the phone call.  Can't wait to see a picky of Burleson.  I don't have a hearing loss, yet my husband is a mumbler (truly!)  If I hear half of what he says, I'm grateful so I understand completely!

Big hugs,

Brenda

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Sue Ann,
don't feel badly at all!  I had to ask Mindy TWICE which ones were nominated!!!  I think the excitment can make your head spin...it did mine.

Hayley, what a funny story!  And I am glad you explained what 'marking' is. bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Oh Hayley, that's funny!!!!   bear_laugh

:hug: Sue Ann, don't you fret one little bit....just make with the pictures of Burleson and all will be forgiven!!   bear_laugh  :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Thats fine sweety!
Congrats on Burleson!
I love all of your creations!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Ahhh, Sue Ann, don't be so hard 0n yourself.  And as far as being in the same catagory as Judi?

You'll both handle it with the same love and grace that you handle everything... bear_innocent

And as far as your hearing goes?  Well, I am tickeled that you are here and typing and sweetie, life goes on!  Don't sweat this little oops  bear_original

dilu

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh silly, Sue Ann.  We still love ya!   bear_wub   Don't give it another thought.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh  Oh, for Heaven's sake, Sue Ann!!  bear_laugh

I just hope little Dumplin' doesn't feel too disappointed!  bear_cry

Eileen

beartoes Hannabears
Texas

SueAnn, 

that is too funny, I really enjoyed your photo of "Dumplin" - he is darling too as well as I'm sure Burleson must be - I would love a chance to make a "ghastly mistake" just like yours - good luck with the awards.

Karen Cwayna ~ Hannabears

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon
beartoes wrote:

SueAnn, 

I would love a chance to make a "ghastly mistake" just like yours - good luck with the awards.

Me too!!!

Burleson or Dumplin...it's all good and you deserve it!!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

"Ghastly mistake?"  More like HUMAN IMPERFECTION!!!  And who doesn't possess a mighty load of THAT???

Sue Ann, all your bears are just so charming and sweet-faced and well-made and BEE-YO-TI-FUL-LY proportioned and kerplunkity.  Frankly, I think you could post a photo of just about any one of them and say, "This is my TOBY nominee!" and people would say, "Ahhhhhh... I see why!  Superb!"

No shame or self-loathing allowed, Texas.

Did you post a pic of BURLESON in one of these new TOBY threads, so we can enjoy him all over again???  If not, please do!

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Congratulation Sue Ann and the others winners :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Burleson-Headshot.jpgBurleson.jpgWell, thanks to all of you for coming to my rescue . . . you are soooo supportive and I knew you would be.  I guess by the light of day, my faux pas doesn't seem as dire.  I discovered by booboo way after midnight - or very early this am - and just freaked out.  My hearing disabilities cause me embarrassment so frequently that I tend to avoid talking on the phone and social situations.  Hayley, your story could've been mine so many times . . . lady, you rock!  Okay, I'm gonna get over it and move on.  Remember, everybody, please DO NOT feel like you have to comment on Burleson - you've already given Dumplin' a big (er, bigger) head and she didn't even get the nomination!!  Thanks again to you all for softening my embarrassment.  These photos are a little dark, but this is Burleson.

Board footer