Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I just got Nancy’s book yesterday but am still wondering what glue to use to adhere the muslin…. She has a glue stick but when I read the glue stick tube, even though it says it is permanent, it says “washes out of clothing.”  Should I be using a specific “type” of glue? I would be better off  being told “use this brand”.  Help!

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I use a regular glue stick.  I found that if you are doing a bigger bear, the fat sticks are better (just my preference).  I suppose the glue would wash out, but I assume because you won't be washing the fur that it will be OK.  Also after it is sewn and stuffed the lining is then firmly attached.  I certainly am no expert, but that is what I was told by someone who makes a lot of real fur bears.  Hope that helps.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

okee dokee... just checking - I dont want to have a bear all done and have it fall apart!  (even though I have never had that happen *knock on wood* with my other bears, but I am going into unknown territory now bear_original  Thanks for the advise!:D

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

HI Kim-Bee, I make alot of real fur bears. I use a roll up office type of glue stick...any kind will work but the fatter stick may get you there faster? All the glue stick is for is to temporarly hold the muslin to the back of the pelt till it is stitched ....then it doesn't matter if the glue sticks or not....Winney

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Makes sense... thank you!!!!  I just want to get it right the first time!

Board footer