Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Keelin1.jpgso far that is!!  Just under 2 and a quarter inches.

I posted him up in the regular selling forum too.  I'm quite proud of this guy, as I found the mini thing quite hard to get back into.  takes me longer than a regular bear!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Oh he is just lovely... off to see how much now.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sooooo tiny and soooooo adorable!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

So cute. Crickey Melissa thats VERY small.  :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

now why can't I make something like that... He is wonderful!!! Jealous here LOL... some day I will be able to make a mini mini and it wont look like Alf LOL

Dilu Posts: 8,574

He is absolutely adorable....congratulations and three cheers!!!

Kimmy, I understand what you mean....but  for me, when I try too hard to make it what we think of as sweet-cute I get the mad bunny or something equally as scarry.

But when i let my hands follow that my heart says I do ok.  I think it goes back to figuring out your style and then owning it and embracing it and letting it work for you.

Now, I have a couple of your mini's and I think they are perfectly lovely and they all play together so well...

Its a little scarry but the minis and the mini gollies all tend to move around at night.....while we are sleeping...sigh.  need to get a nanny-cam and catch the hubs at it, right?  It has to be him moving things around at night.....before he comes to bed?  right?  it isn't really the bears and gollies....is it?

from the Siskiyou Triangle

dilu

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Congratulations!
Such a cute microbear!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I would poke my awl into my eye, in frustration, if I had to work in that size. 

He's just gorgeous!  Nicely done!

ellen ontario, canada

fantastico!!  wow, that's amazing work!  thanx for sharing.
bear_flower

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
Shelli wrote:

I would poke my awl into my eye, in frustration, if I had to work in that size. 

He's just gorgeous!  Nicely done!

LMAO!!! oh my!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
Dilu wrote:

Kimmy, I understand what you mean....but  for me, when I try too hard to make it what we think of as sweet-cute I get the mad bunny or something equally as scarry.

dilu

I know what you mean.. sometimes what I have in my head works, sometimes it doesn't then it its back to the drawing board!

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Melissa,
I am filled with admiration - he looks just like a baby brother of your other bears - same cutie face and adorable feeties :clap:  :clap:  bear_flower
Terrific - bet you have sore fingers now bear_sad
:hug:

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Oh Melissa that is the cuties bear i have seen for a long time , well done  :clap:

Hugs
Vicki

Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Thanks everyone...you guys really are the nicest.

some day I will be able to make a mini mini and it wont look like Alf

Hey Kim...first off let me say...I soooo can't needlefelt so my hat is off to YOU girl for being able to do that.

and secondly - I have been making bears many years longer than you and let me reassure you not all my bears have turned out like this one.  Take a look at your first bear and then at the work you are doing now.  See - you have already come a long way and you will get even further!! ..I'm going to photograph the bears that live in the bottom of the box for you - sadly I have tossed really scary beary so you won't ever see him. 

and I so have to agree with Dilu when she said

But when i let my hands follow that my heart says I do ok.  I think it goes back to figuring out your style and then owning it and embracing it and letting it work for you.

I have been struggling with an anime-ish style bear - if you have Alf I have a purple ET head!!!  I put it aside and put Artan together on a whim.  I am going to go back and work on that darn anime thing as I don't believe in being complacent either but I have a feeling it will be my one and only anime monster.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Melissa, thank you bear_original :hug:  :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Just catching up Melissa and had to write about your little one!  So adorable and so tiny!! bear_wub
xo Sarah

Wellington, New Zealand
Website

thanks Sarah

I enjoyed making Artan so much that it got me started on a bit of a mini thing.  I'm now trying out a little mohair one about 3 inches - that might end up putting me off minis again!!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Melissa... I can't believe that I didn't see this little guy!!!!!  He's so great!   bear_wub  Glad that the mini bug has bitten again!

Kim basta
Wild THyme Originals

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia
melissa wrote:

thanks Sarah

I enjoyed making Artan so much that it got me started on a bit of a mini thing.  I'm now trying out a little mohair one about 3 inches - that might end up putting me off minis again!!

Hi Melissa,
Guess this is the bear you just showed us bear_original  I really find it so hard to imagine that size in mohair.  You must have wripped at least some of your hair out lol
I have only gone to the 3 1/2 inch mark in minis before...the other night I drew up a tiny pattern...don't know what size he will turn out but I'm hoping for 3 inches!  I don't know if I will be able to pull it off but am excited about trying!
You and the other mini artists really inspire  bear_innocent    Thanks girls  bear_flower
xo sarah

Board footer