Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Easter-Bunny-2.jpgEaster-Bunny1.jpgHi everyone!  I thought it would be fun to share some Easter Bunny creations in this thread.  These two photos are of bunnies I made a few years ago.  I am hoping to get another new design finished for this Easter.  I had better start now!

The gray bunny is huge.  He is about 34" tall made from a recylcled rabbit fur coat.  His face is German mohair and his cheeks are alpaca fur from a fur rug.  He is one of a kind and now lives in Illinois.

The brown and white bunny is also made from recycled Russian Squirrel with a rabbit fur tummy, inner ears, and arctic fox fur chest and hair tuft atop his head. His front teeth are sculpted from femo clay and his upper and lower inner mouth is mohair, and he has a leather sued tongue.  I made him about...........four years ago.

Lets see some more bunnies! :dance:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

oh my gosh, that bunny on the right is SO adorable!!! They are both just wonderful but the guy on the right has such charm.... love the the tuft of white on his head and those eyes sparkle so!!!  bear_wub

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, I love the bunny on the left! He looks like he should be the star of a top-notch cartoon! I can't wait to see some more bunnies.

Daphne, speaking of bunnies...dare I ask?  bear_grin

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Come On Daphne, get those bunnies up here. 
Jenny?  bunnies?   Shelli?  I know there are many more of you out there with bunnies.

I am itching to do more bunnies...so I thought by seeing a whole bunch of them it would inspire me to get on it.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I think many have posted bunnies on here already.. most in the showcase or bears for sale sections recently.

And my bunnies.... you all have got have had enough of them already! I know I have!!! So, no, Sandi, don't ask!!  bear_cry

I'm just going to sit here and admire Judi's bunny. Does the guy on the right have a name and a home?

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

gracie1.JPGWell, here is a bunny I made last year, her name is Gracie.
Gracie was made from Intercals KID9/H - Color 528S - Cream in color. Lovely to work with.

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Roxanne, your bunny is gorgeous!

Oh, Daphne, we all love your bunnies and the stories to go along with them.  :hug:

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

felty.jpgHere is "Felty" a needle felted easter bunny with his felted eggs & basket I recently finished.  He is 3 1/4 inches sitting & has hematite rice bead eyes & felted nose and is 5 way string jointed.

I love all the bunnies here so far & look forward to seeing more bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Buns-in-a-basket.jpgThis little vignette is called "Buns in a Basket".

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

What a wonderful bunch of Rabbits they are ...... I am inspired

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

bettinab.jpgbunn72.jpgHere's a couple of bunnies...you already saw these though!!!

Everyones work is superb!!! Goes without saying!!!!

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Beautiful Bunnies!!!!!

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
I have never made a bunny, but all the bonnie bunnies I have seen here have certainly inspired me! One of these days...........

:hug:
Tracy

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

bunnyp2a.jpgHere's the last bunny that I made. It was a recent ebay auction piece that I had fun designing because it was a 9-jointed bunny. I double-jointed his arms so that he could hold up his puppet.

I'm looking forward to seeing more bunnies. With Easter just around the corner...I need inspiration!

~Kathy Myers

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Love making bunnies, love bunnies, but find them hard to sell! Just me!

0a1clem12.jpg

Many Hugs Louise

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Bunnie to die for!
I haven't made any bunnies yet. I want to, along with a million other things.

Jenny, always love your bunnies.
Judi, wow! I love the real fur bunny the best. The open mouth must've been soo hard to do!
Sue Ann, what a colorfull bunch. Love 'em
Roxanne, your bunny make me gasp!
Louise, a bunny as only you could do. CUTE!

Keep 'em comin'.............................

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Oh, they are all so adorable, I love bunnies,
I have not made one yet but plan to for Easter time.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

bunny2.JPGHere is my bunny... She is the only one I have made so far...

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Great bunnies. WOW!  I knew there were more of you out there with bunnies.

Roxanne,I love that mohair...and the expression on your bun bun bear_flower

Nice color choice Louise.  Reminds me of Bugs Bunny.  Lovely eyes. bear_wub

Sue Ann...another great color choice.  What cute set. bear_flower

Kathy, your work always amazes me. :clap:

Jenny, those faces are so adorable. bear_wub

Daphne, your brown and white bunny is my favorite.  Show him again? :pray:

Charolette, your bunny looks very soft and sweet.  I am always amazed with the tiny ones. :dance:

Kimmy, just adorable.  I hope you'll make more. bear_thumb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Just for Judi.....

The Mimzy that almost was...

Mimzy1edit.jpg

I see all kinds of things I'll do better on the 'Daphne' version!!!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Leo.jpgI don't have any pics of the two bunnies I've made in the past....so I'll offer a picture of a friend's real bunny instead.  This is Leo, a baby lionhead bunny...perhaps he'll be inspiration for some new bunnies this Spring?  :rose:

bear_wub I just LOVE all the bunny pics!! bear_wub   Judi, thank you for starting this thread  :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

BLOSSOM-SIT-EGG.jpgOh, Oh how exciting.  I literally JUST finished Blossom ,my very first ever bunny, today and just listed her on Ebay.  She is 7" and made of mink.  It was so much fun making a bunny for a change.  I love the big wired ears.  Everyones bunnies are absolutely beautiful !!

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Well, I haven't done a bunny yet, but will be working on one for Easter!!! Such inpiration!

Kimberly W.

LynBlair Posts: 139

a picture of a friend's real bunny instead

I was thinking this is such an adorable, realistic bunny...and then I read the post!   :doh: bear_laugh  Everyone's bunnies are beautiful!  I wish I could own them all.  :clap:

Bunny hugs,
Lyn

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Fern.jpgvery very cute - I love bunnies - they alway seem to have that extra sweet awwww factor!

I thought "bunny" might be a swear word to you right at the moment Daphne!!  bear_original

I did get the stuff out to work on my Easter bunny(s) yesterday - maybe this weekend.  My favourite bunny I don't have a picture of - it's a purse bunny that I made Alexis for her birthday a couple of years ago - I'll take a picture next time I visit.

This is Fern - she's a 4 inch made out of vintage rayon

Board footer