Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

snowy8.JPGsnowy7.JPGI finally attempted to joint the heads of my minis and it was successful!!!! Snowy is the first felted bear I have made that can move his head!  Lucky Anne (Starlite Bears) is the recipient of this bear!

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

WTG Kim...Snowy is very sweet! Moveable heads sure make these kritters more posable!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Thank you!!!  :hug: I can't believe I didnt try it before!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Kim Bee!  I almost never get over to this needlefelting forum, but I am so glad I did!  YEA!!!!! Moving heads!  Snowy is gorgeous!  His pictures are really nice too!!!!!!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Way to go, Kim!!!!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Oh thank you all!!! Snowy is also in the showcase forum... I figured it has been a while since I stuck one in this forum and now since he has an added feature, even more of a reason to put him here! I am so glad that you all like him!   If he wasn't for Anne, I would keep him myself!  bear_original

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Kim, I think he is my favourite of yours so far. Oh wait, maybe your avatar bear is my favourite. Can't decide, both are gorgeous.  bear_flower
Did you thread joint the head? Or did you find a way of using a cotter pin and discs?

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Thank you, Sabine! I thread jointed it... I haven't figured out the cotter pin jointing way, if there is one...

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Well done, Kim! It really makes him come alive. Lucky Anne!

Eileen

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Hi Kim,
I saw Snowy in the showcase and he's so cute. I can't do needlefelting much because it aggravates my wrist but I love it. Snowy's jointed neck is very clever! :clap:  :clap: Go you!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Very nice Kimmy.  Now have you tried weighting any of your felties?  You could place steel shot in a pouch and felt around it.  Maybe youalready do this.  I think some weight to these critters would be really nice...what do you think?

Very cute ...I love the snowflakes too. :dance:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

bunny2.JPGThank you gals!

Judi, weighting them is the next thing on my list of things to do bear_original  Since the jointed heads venture went so well, I think weighting is my next venture!

Also, here is a pic of my newest jointed head felted bear... Candy bear_original

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Love the rabbit!!!!
If I had known that you wanted to joint your bears I would have told how. I naturally thought that everyone was thread jointing.  :doh: to me. You do know that the arms and legs can also be thread jointed?
I have no intention of sounding obnoxious, just genuinely wondering. bear_grin

Matilda :doh:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Yep they have been jointed that way since I started... I just started the head thing LOL

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

bear_grin  bear_grin  :doh:  :doh: to me!!!  :doh:  bear_grin
I certainly did sound obnoxious didnt I? :doh:  bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kim,
I just love seeing your felted critters evolve...... I'll admit with every ounce of kindness in my heart that your nose embroidery used to drive my crazy bear_wacko (OK, that's just cause I'm a perfectionist about every thread being straight up and down and in it's place) but now I absolutely LOVE your noses. Not just because they've grown on me but because they help add to the look that is the Kim Bee look and I think they are just perfect!!! They give your critters character and spirit and a sense of sweetness and fun.

Love the shape of the nose on your bunny and the way you are insetting the eye area is fantastic.  bear_thumb

Yay, Kim!!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

The nose embroidery use to drive me nuts too!  I have gotten better... I am on almost my 75th bear now so I guess it is practice! bear_original  I am a perfectionist too but there is a point when I say to myself, JUST LEAVE THE DARN BEAR AS IT IS OR YOU WILL MESS IT UP ROYALLY! LOL

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Great work Kim.  I agree your felted items have grown and grown, congrats.  :clap:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Oh thank you, Karen!!! bear_original  I am so glad I came across needlefelting!

Board footer