Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Here's a great description of what anti-aliasing is, and what it does.  Also, some hints for when to use anti-aliasing, and when not to, that aren't quite as clear or helpful.

Hope this clears things up for the confused! 

http://www.widearea.co.uk/designer/anti.html

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

I love everyone's digital images!   :clap:  :clap:   If anyone wants to learn more, I found a book at the library yesterday.  It's called, "Creative Digital Scrapbooking" by Katherine Murray. 

I feel like a bubble ready to burst with excitement!!  I'm the person who doesn't have any creativity when it comes to sitting down with paper and glue, but I love working on the computer.  Now I can scrapbook all my photos on the computer and store them away on CDs. 

Hugs,
Sheila  bear_wub

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I"m so glad people are finding avenues for this exercise that go beyond just making a little image... like creating avatars, and doing digital scrapbooking.  Once you've got the bug, you're well bitten.  Good luck getting anything else done with your life from here on out...

:)

I'm really, really enjoying your different visions and versions of these elements combined.  Keep it coming!!!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Shelli wrote:

Good luck getting anything else done with your life from here on out...

AHA!!!!  Now I see what you're doing.   bear_shocked So, distraction is the name of the game is it?!!!   bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh   

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Pssssst.  Next you're going to take over the world, aren't you?  Huh, huh, huh?  I'm on to you now....... bear_laugh

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

HA!  Clever, cheeky girl, you...  bear_ermm  bear_tongue  bear_grin

Stellajella Wien

A smashing hello from Vienna to the teddy bear lovers in here 
somehow I stumbled into this forum last night, because I´m so nosey.
I´d like to grab the opportunity by the horn and introduce myself: I´m 44, viennese and caught the teddy bear virus.
The challenge Shelli placed in here sounded tempting- neither have I made an avatar before, nor do I have a clue about computers..
Shelli,you sure know how to motivate people!!! I sat here on my pc until 3:30 am and really ended up with my first avatar. I had a tight Friday program concerning, cleaning, shopping etc., guess I´m gonna do that tomorrow...or so;)
For those in here who think, that they cannot do it –wake up Bob the builder in you! You can do it
Have fun
Gaby
PS. Now you wonder, where´s my avatar? Weeellll, I just need a wee improvement to find out how to post it here.
bear_whistle

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Stellajella/Gaby,  bear_flower
Welcome to TT!  I like you already......you're funny with your "wake up Bob the builder."  Ha! :D

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska
Shelli wrote:

I"m so glad people are finding avenues for this exercise that go beyond just making a little image... like creating avatars, and doing digital scrapbooking.  Once you've got the bug, you're well bitten.  Good luck getting anything else done with your life from here on out...

I'm really, really enjoying your different visions and versions of these elements combined.  Keep it coming!!!

Shelli,

I definately have the BUG!!  I haven't gotten anything done for several days now.  I don't even feel guilty.  This is so much fun!  Today, I started working on a scrapbook for my parents for their 50th anniversary in July. 

Thanks for giving us this challenge!!

hugs,
Sheila  bear_wub

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

tt-ATC-practice1.jpgWell, here's my effort.
Shelli, this is just what I needed to stop procrastinating and start playing with and learning my PS Elements program. Thanks for taking the time and effort to put it all together for us!  :hug:
I've always enjoyed doing this sort of thing but until just recently I only had a rather simple program to play with. PSE can do so much more. It's great fun exploring the possibilities. So thanks for the kick in the butt!!  bear_tongue   I needed it! bear_thumb  bear_flower

hugs,
Bonnie

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Gaby from Vienna, Hello, one of the places I have been to with my bear travels, you will never get bored here, as they will not let you, as soon as you think you can settle down and relax , they up and hit you with something new to try, and it need not be with a bear as you can see from this excercise with Shel. bear_laugh

bear_original
Lynette

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

This is my last one!  I promise, I don't want to bore everyone!!  But these are so addictive!! 

hugs,
Sheila

violetATC.jpg

Jacqui MoonBeam Bears
South Australia

Hi Everyone,
I have just looked at all the entries they are all excellent, I love them all.
I haven't got a program that does this yet, but now looking into it.

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Bear Hugs to all
Jacqui

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Digi2-Chal1.jpgHad another go.. it can be addictive but there are so many uses for it if i get brave!

Stellajella Wien

Hi Aleta, cheers for your hearty welcome! :hug:
I visited the Silly Bear site and I lurrrrve it and your bears! Sometimes we all need to be Bobs even though I´m rather the Blues Clues person, because I have none... clue that is *giggle*
Hi Lynette, thanx to you, too for your warm welcome, I´ve been visiting  your wonderful Fred-i-bears once, when browsing through the teddy cyber space. And: I´m with you with your motto  bear_rolleyes

Well, finally I found Shelli´s help to post the pix  bear_whistle

This is my first avatar showing Butterscotch  bild2.jpg
...and my second with Torsti bild4.jpg
I just couldn´t stop- Norma Jean bild6.jpg
bild7.jpg

And now an extra terrestrial avatar- my boyfriend, who I axed zillions of questions during the process of making these avatars got cought by the virus, too  bear_grin  being busy with work he just couldn´t help but make one too bear_grin bild3.jpg

Have a smashing weekend y´all!
Gaby bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gaby, big welcome to Teddy Talk!!  Love that you found us and joined right in with our shenanigans!!!  Your bears look terrific so now that you found out how to post photos . . . let's have some!!  Love your ATCs, too.
Your website is www.cluesbear.com???

Stellajella Wien

Hi Sue Ann, thank you for your kind welcome  bear_original  Yes, that´s my homepage, I am sorry, it´s still under constuction and of course I´d like to show you my bears, even though they are far from what you did. I´ve seen your Avalon on intercaltg already some time ago, he´s adorable as are all your other furry friends. But I guess I should post them somewhere else, and just found the page for new members. I´m gonna ask my boyfriend to put some on the web and then post it under my posting which stars with "servus".

Oh, by the way, I mad another avatar...
bild8.jpg

Have fun y´all

Gaby bear_flower

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Gaby a warm welcome to TT and I can see your going to enjoy this forum ....it is a wonderful inspirational place to come .....

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Well these all look great. I still need to make my ATCs.

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Tammy, I used your instructions to extract and it worked perfectly .... thank you!

Shelli, when I open the black template for sizing and have some elements open and ready to add them...I tried to drag them to the black template, but when I dropeed the flower, the black template disappeared and the flower replaced it. ???? do you know what happened.  In other words you could not see where it is placed.
Nanc......

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Nanc, did you right click and move the flower up a layer (my programs have layering tools where you can layer things)....

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Wow what wonderful Digital design creations!!
I admire each and everyones cards - they are all fantastic.
I am like Aleta, SueAnn and some of the others that have not been able to master these.
I must buy the programme and learn how to do these one day as they look like a lot of fun.

Welcome to Teddy talk Gaby - glad that you have joined us here.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

No Kim...I just left clicked to drag it from the tray to the 'work table'...geez, I don't know what you call everything. :doh:
I don't have any time this week to play with this stuff either...hopefully the week after.
I have bear orders and a root canal scheduled this week....doesn't that just sound like a life altering fun week!!

nanc......

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

51104137a8971fc6420cdbe4cde0d124.jpg51104137a8971fc6420cdbe4cde0d124.jpgLook girls what i can do its lovely dont you think thats about all i can do every time i place i pics in it goes on top how do you move it to the right spot and make it smaller

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I love them Fran - so Avant Garde so 'now' so moderne, so....so...... - i've run out of things to say!
Ha Ha Ha Ha - poor you.
If you are using photoshop Fran - click on the 'move' icon and then click on the layer that you want to move/adjust and you can drag the graphic where you want, you can shrink or enlarge it with the 'move' tool too.

At least you can use layers Fran - took me ages to work that out  :doh:

Penny  :hug:

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Thanks Penny i will try that and see what i come up with hope is a bit better ha!ha!

Board footer