Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Everyone,

I'm so tempted to try the Schulte Kid mohair!!   I'm wondering if anyone out there knows if the Kid Mohair plucks away from the backing properly?

I've tried the  Helmbold Kid mohair and it didn't pluck properly and left mohair dots, here's an image so you have an idea of what I'm talking about:
digger4.jpg

I like my faces to be free from any dots or fuzz, so I don't want to go to the expense of buying kid mohair, and paying high shipping costs to get it to Australia, just to find out it's not what I want....

I'm wondering if anyone knows if it plucks properly???  Ooooor if anyone with a scrap piece of mohair could try plucking some mohair to see what happens for me? I would be so grateful!  Just try it on a little piece of scrap mohair that you couldn't use for anything else...

Thanks!
Danni

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

I have treated my self from time to time to Schulte kid mohair and find it to be the most wonderful luxurious mohair out there. I ususally purchase it when I feel a bit down and want to treat myself. I find it to be much more expensive but worth every penny.

Hugs Louise

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Danni, you could go over the "dots or fuzz" left on the bear's face with a brown permanent marker and at least camouflage them.  Since I don't pluck the fur from the face, that's my only idea! bear_ermm

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Danni -

Oh, go buy some!!!!!!

I've never plucked before so this was fun to try.... it goes faster than I thought and almost as good as needle felting when you are mad! PULL! TUG! YANK!

Anyway, here is the finished result - not a sign at all of mohair or holes - it pulls beautifully and easily! This was a piece of MC12-5029 (3/4")

pluckedsm.jpg

Daphne

Australia

Oooh Daphne, you are so beautiful!! Thankyou!!!  I wonder how much you are going to cost me though?? LOL

Thankyou so very very much!!!!!!!!!!!

Danni

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in here.  I now use Tweezerman wide grip tweezers for plucking my bears.  They are ergonomically designed and work much better than forceps.
Donna

Australia

Oh I use a normal pair of beauty tweezers - never thought you cold use Forceps!  I would imagine that would be terribly difficult/

Board footer