Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Oliver2.jpgeithne2.jpgOliver1.jpgEithne1.jpgThought you might like to see a picture of my new babies.  Not good photos, I will try and take better tomorrow.

Eithne (pronounced Enya) is the little vintage long-pile panda.  Her name means little firey one.  She wears two little gold tone baubles around her neck

Oliver, is just 1.75 inches tall when standing - my smallest bear yet!  He is made from vintage rayon in a bright gold.  I'm disappointed with his photos - his face looks a bit smooshed!

Irene Irenours-bears
France

They are sooooo lovely Melissa :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Melissa,
                  They are the cutest wee bundles of fur. What size is Enya??. You have made a great job of them both, do you have to fray check them before sewing.?/. Hugs Rita xxx

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Simply gorgeous, Melissa - you are such a whizz with these little ones!!! And how on earth do you turn the tiny parts needed for a bear the size of Oliver?!  bear_tongue

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

MELISSA, THEY ARE ADORABLE!!!!!! I really love the panda! bear_wub

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Melissa,
  they are both wonderful!  I'm not seeing anything smooshed!  The little panda is preciously cute, with those little tiny baubles!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh my goodness!  I just can't quite wrap my mind around being able to produce such fantastically cute, but teeny tiny bears!  You're a master at it, Melissa!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

The panda really works well in those colours. Don't worry about the photos macro sure shows everything up. Bits of fluff and always fibre ends where I've needlefelted. I'll have to hoover them before I take photos! bear_grin  Brill little ones! :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

OH my! Your bears are amazing! You also have such pretty hands!
But the tiny work you do, I'm in awe

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Heather... I was going to say the exact same thing about Melissa's hands!  They are gorgeous, aren't they!!!!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

melissa they are just both so lovely  bear_wub

Hugs
Vicki

Dilu Posts: 8,574

:clap:  :dance:  :clap:  :dance:  :clap:  :dance:  :clap:  :dance:  :clap:  :dance:  :clap:  :dance:

Melissa, your babies are adorable....Simply lovely!!!

bear_tongue

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  you guys know you are the nicest kindest people alive don't you!

I am totally overwhelmed - I came home from work to find that more than one person wanted each bear - that has never happened to me before!  :redface:  It's exciting but also a bit scary!

oops, I forgot to say that Eithne is 2.25 inches when standing.

Rita -  I didn't fraystop on these ones as the fabric doesn't really require it - Oliver is made from vintage rayon it has a wonderful cotton backing that simply doesn't fray.  Eithne's fabric has the grid backing, next time I make a bear from the copper fabric I will fraystop in places - this particular piece had a soft cotton grid and I did have a few anxious moments.

Helena - Oliver's pieces were WAY easier to turn than Eithne's believe it or not - the backing on the rayon means it just glides along as you try to turn it - no stress - the only problem I had was the ears - they were so squitchy they were hard to turn - and I made them at work and didn't have my hemostats.  I have to admit to saying a few very bad words when I was trying to turn Eithne's legs through - big feet on a >1 inch leg are not a great combination!!!

Heather and Kim Basta - tee hee I shudder when I look at my hands - I just see the old lady wrinkles on my palms, which I'm sure I'm too young for and my funny crooked little finger - so THANKS you've made my day!!

Board footer