Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

nettie scotland
Website

My village is ancient and steeped in history.We have many ancient sites .I have added a link to our community website if anyone would like to see.If you click on toursit info then gallery there are some nice pics of our buildings and scenery.There is nothing else here,one village shop and thats it for miles around.We get mostly history buffs and geologists visiting.
Diane xxx
http://www.cockburnspath.net/Community/ … ter_fs.htm

Tina Remem-bear Artist Bears

Hi Diane, it's lovely. We're thinking of staying at the Haven Holidays Caravan Park near Berwick this summer and it looks a lovely place to visit.

Thanks for that.

Hugs
Tina

Lisa

Oooh, I'd swap the rosy red cheeks and the cold for freckles and sun anyday, you lucky thing, lol!!

Hugs
Tina

Hiya

rosie red cheeks are cute, until they turn into thread viens cos of the cold, yuck!!

Ooh, I am so jealous -- send me some freckles!! lol!!

Hugs
Tina

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

It's seem to be beautiful ! One day I'll visit Scotland, for sure !

nettie scotland
Website
Lisa wrote:

Thanks Dianne, was waiting for this ..think i mentioned to you before i'd love to go to Scotland and Ireland, think it's so beautiful and have so much History..and legends, you guys spin the biggest Yarns more so than us Aussies...especially Pub Stories and Legends..get a huge kick out of the Scots that live here now telling us the legendry tales.. enjoyed reading the Berwickshire tale too. Can't wait to go there one day..i'll swap you my freckles for you Scottish complexion!! and well if you want you can have my Aussie accent too as i hate it..I don't think you can beat a good ol' Scottish accent, sounds awesome to listen to..How do you go with Postage and deliveries? :hug: lisa.

Funnily enough I love an Aussie accent.Not sure what your question about ostage refers to Lisa.If you mean the mohair site I put a link to I hear the delivery is very fast.Sorry If I am being thick???If ever you get over here you are very welcome to come stay.It better be Summer as we even get ice on the inside of the windows in winter!!I love the cold and like winter best.I don't do well in hot weather now although I used to go to Greece a lot and loved the heat.
Happy mothers day by the way ,but perhaps like the U.S you have it in May???
Diane xxxx

nettie scotland
Website
Tina wrote:

Hi Diane, it's lovely. We're thinking of staying at the Haven Holidays Caravan Park near Berwick this summer and it looks a lovely place to visit.

Thanks for that.

Hugs
Tina

Tina,You must come visit !!!As long as you like dogs which we have in abundance!!!
Diane xxx

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Thanks much for the link, Diane . . . I will enjoy my tour!!!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

My family is of welsh and scottish decent (what a mix hey?).
I would love to come and see where my grandmother once trod.  But it will wait until my youngest is a little older.  Preferbly toilet trained.
But I may just have to contact you and come visit while in that part of the world!

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Loved your little village.  It looks like a lovely place to visit. How is the broadband project going? I think it is wonderful that even though it is very tiny, people are willing to invest to get broadband there with only 7 people required.  This guy 

macbethsmall.jpg

would surely love to visit!
Sonya

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Diane, I have to come and see you sometime - I love the scenery.  I have one grandfather from Scotland, but know nothing about hime.  I've tried to do internet searches for him, with the little bit I know, but no luck.  You photos on the site are wonderful.  I'm doing a lot of daydreaming today LOL!

Hugs,

Brenda

nettie scotland
Website
Lisa wrote:

yeah we talk real great eh..so much slang, I'm sure true Blue English would loathe our English slang or what we have done to it.

Your definatly on, i'll take you up on that, my husband also wants to go to Scotland and Ireland and i can finally tell my (POP) who is really ill at present that someone in the family is going to visit his home..his of course a Macdonald, suppose there are heaps of MacDonald's over there?. 

Your welcome to come here too anytime, your certainly welcome to stay with my family, probably winter time would suit you as it's still warm where i am and not hot like our Summers get. 

Thanks for the url link on the mohair, no worries.

Happy Mothers day to you too, yes we have it in May as well.

One day I would love to take you up on that.I have had a lifelong love of Marsupials especially kangaroo rats and fruit bats.I would so love to see the wildlife and scenery and you too of course Lisa.You sound very genuine and I think you are a hard worker like myself.,that is something I really admire.
Maybe one day......
Diane xxx

nettie scotland
Website
thumperantiques wrote:

Diane, I have to come and see you sometime - I love the scenery.  I have one grandfather from Scotland, but know nothing about hime.  I've tried to do internet searches for him, with the little bit I know, but no luck.  You photos on the site are wonderful.  I'm doing a lot of daydreaming today LOL!

Hugs,

Brenda

Brenda ,
I would love to see you here and take you to all my favourite haunts.Bring Corson too!!!!
Diane xxx

nettie scotland
Website

I am glad you all liked the link.Open door here to anyone who fancies a visit.I love your scottish bear Sonya!!!
Diane xxx

TTalk.jpgDiane, thanks for the invitation but I think I'll leave Corson home LOL!  The litte rat is so hockey crazy at just two years old, that he can now fire a slapshot 6 inches in the air and get it in the net!  I sure wouldn't stand in front of him when he's playing outside,  on the driveway- it's actually pretty funny as he is soooo serious about it.  NHL here we come?  Stranger things have happened LOL!

Hugs,

Brenda

ellen ontario, canada

thanx Diane!  now i wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!!!  it's amazing how we each find "other worlds" so dreamy!  we always want what we can't have.... well, not easily!
i enjoyed the tour VERY much.   bear_flower

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Diane:  Interesting to see were others are from, thanks for the link.

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: Wonderful Diane!!  Thanks for the tour!  Scotland is on my list of places to go.  Wish I could do it now!

:hug:
Tracy

nettie scotland
Website
Lisa wrote:

Hi Diane, well you'll see perhaps a roo or two where i am, rats..mmmm perhaps we'll visit the next property and see if they are breeding them for those snakes they love so much...(their wild life carers and i don't even wanna know what they have up there as long as they keep them on their side of the property).ha.ha....fruit bats, plenty of those too..you'll fit in well! There's quite a few macadamia and banana farms up here too and loads of yummy Mangoes (do you get Mangoes)?

Haven't you heard the saying those little 'Aussie battlers' they've been saying that for years...hard working Aussies..that's us!  Funnily, once on Ebay a Gentleman (have to title him that) i purchased something from, when he saw that i was from Australia, he emailed me the postage costs etc..and said and how are our Little Convicts going Down Under...suppose were still thought of as 'Convicts' in that Great Land of England!

He received a lovely email back, told him i'm a half breed so he can't claim full victory!!, half of me was already here when they claimed Australia (my Grand mother is Aboriginal), the other half being my Scottish heritage that they kicked out of  England for pinching a loaf of bread!! that makes up a good Breed, no Blue Bloods Down here and us convicts are doing just fine !! ha.ha.....suppose that's why we have our own English language down under turned into slang..cause there aint no blue Bloods!! ha.h.a  :lol:

Greetings from the mother ship!!!I suppose you are not so much convicts as escapees from tyranny.
Mangoes cost a fortune here Lisa and I unfortunately love them.I eat them fresh ,dried and tinned.I guess they will be plentiful with all your sun.I eat lots of bananas and nuts too ,I should live in Australia.I have lots of books on the different species of marsupial rats.I just love them.We only have regular ones here.When we moved to this house my daughter had six which perched on her shoulder.It kept a lot of unwanted visitors away including mice.Now we have a semi ferral cat doing the job as all our pet rats have died off.
Its bed time here but I guess you are still beavering away.
Night night
Diane xxx

nettie scotland
Website
thumperantiques wrote:

Diane, thanks for the invitation but I think I'll leave Corson home LOL!  The litte rat is so hockey crazy at just two years old, that he can now fire a slapshot 6 inches in the air and get it in the net!  I sure wouldn't stand in front of him when he's playing outside,  on the driveway- it's actually pretty funny as he is soooo serious about it.  NHL here we come?  Stranger things have happened LOL!

Hugs,

Brenda

I can't believe how big he is getting!!!He is real wee boy now and not a baby,so cute with his hockey stick.
Diane xxx

Gosh, I didn't know there was a sleep disorder for night owls LOLS!  I have always stayed up until 3:00 a.m. and sleep till noon.  All my family and friends know that phoning me before noon, puts there health at risk.  Funny thing though, I have Attention Deficit and it is also one of the symptoms of that disorder - interesting!

Hugs,

Brenda

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Thanks Diane for the link.
Scotland is a place that I would love to come and visit one day.
My anchestors on my Mothers side are from there -  the Campbells.
My Parents went back and had such a great time visiting places and had such a wonderful time.

Hugs
Carolyn

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Scotland looks like Heaven.  I think I'll visit someday.

bear_flower  bear_wub  bear_original

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Nettie!!! You lucky devil you!! Scottland is home to most of my family before my Grandparents moved to Canada. I still have distant relatives living there. It is Garnets and my wish to travel there one day!! Thank you for sharing your lovely home!!

Many Hugs Louise

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Thansk for the link Nettie. I so enjoyed 'visiting' your home. It looks like such a lovely place to me. Like many others I would love to visit Scotland.  Maybe someday.

Board footer