Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

As many of you know I work for Wal*Mart.

I am currently working at the customer service desk and somedays you just get nasty people to deal with and other days you get the nicest people. And if you are really lucky you get the funniest people.

A gentleman approached the counter.

"Hello sir, how may I help you?"

"Well I have to tell you about this dream I had last night."

"Oh, what was that?"

"Well I was dreaming that the world was closing in around me. I woke up in a panic. I laid there for a second and I then realized that my air mattress was deflating around me. Can I just get my money back?"

We both had a good laugh about it. I gave him his money back and he bought another air mattress.

Share this with anyone you know who needs a good laugh. bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Take Care,

Jared

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Takes all sorts. bear_grin

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh Jared, isn't it great that some customers have a sense of humour, why can't they all be like that??!! 

Brilliant!!!   bear_laugh  :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Now that's cute AND original!  Hugs, Brenda

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Jared I am glad you posted.

I got my catalog from dollmasters, and saw a lovely bun by you and mom's Ted.

Very nice

.I actually think you had two critters in it.

They were fun and I was tickled pink seeing you and your mom both in there.

Great Job!

hugs

dilu

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

lol!
I gave someone a bit of a hard time once.  :twisted:

She sews the most gorgeous opulent fancy dog collars, made with velvets
& rich jacquard trims & other pretty details. & has quite a lot of buyers among
people who have adopted greyhounds. So I did see her gorgeous table at an annual
greyhound adoption picnic a few years ago. There were a bunch of folks clustered
around her table, ooh-ing & aah-ing over her exquisite collars & leashes. She was a
regular vendor at this picnic, & I had gotten a collar from her the year before. I had my
greyhound with me, of course, wearing his still-fabulous collar that I'd gotten last time.
So I did plant myself front & center of her display & said

"Are you (Artist X) who makes (Business Name) Collars??"

she looks a little dubious at me..."yes," she says.

"I Have A Complaint!" I declare in the voice I learned from the most obnoxious &
entitlement-drunk patrons of my min-wage customer service career.

"..Yes?" she says. She is giving me The Eyebrow. Other people are glancing at me.

"I purchased this collar from you last year," I say, gesturing at my dog, who is
used to me by now, "& I WOULD like to get a new one, but I can't justify it, because
THIS collar has held up too well, hasn't worn out AT ALL,  & is still perfectly good!!"

Thank goodness she laughed  bear_grin & I made sure that the GOOD STUFF was just as
clear as the 'complaint' part, lol. & I did end up getting the spoiled hound a pretty
beaded necklace thingie & he was, of course, fabulous  bear_tongue  bear_grin

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

Jared -  I also just received my Dollmasters Catalog and your bunny is fabulous as well as your Mom's Teddy.  They just jump off the page at you.  Great job.

Jill

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I love people like that,  The complaints that are light heated and make you smile instead of an all out attack on you!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Thanks for sharing, Jared . . . what an 'upper' that was!!  Me too, me too . . . I got my Dollmasters Catalog and there you and Jane are - great work!

Polo, IL

Thank you all for your compliments.
We got the catalog last week and I always go diving through to find our stuff.
I just the new Toy Shoppe Cataloge. And there is a Muffy and Wendy set that little miss MaeLynn has. She was looking it over and mum showed it to her. MaeLynn, "Oh, Prize, Grammie, Prize!" That is what she calls her set, Prize.

I would rather get customers like this gentleman.

Polo, IL

Keep your eyes peeled for a new Toy Shoppe Catalog in a a short while.

Board footer