Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

I am working with ultrasuede now and having a blast---however, due to the large amount of colors available, am having a hard time choosing what pawpads look right with different colors of fur. 

I'm all right when it comes to monochromatic colors, choosing a shade lighter or a shade darker, but am terrible at choosing contrasting colors..or if the color has a bit more yellow, or red, than the fur color...aurgh! 

Is there any rule of thumb when it comes to choosing pawpad colors other than holding it up to the bear and trying to figure out if it looks better than the one just before?

Amelia

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Just to say I don't know of any. bear_wacko  I did'nt want you to think we were just ignoring you. bear_grin  :hug: I'm like you, keep trying and changing my mind.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio
fribblesltd wrote:

Is there any rule of thumb when it comes to choosing pawpad colors other than holding it up to the bear and trying to figure out if it looks better than the one just before?
Amelia

I don't think there's really a rule of thumb per se... and certainly, most of the time that's just what i do too Amelia....  "How does this look?  Okay, how does THIS look!?"   bear_wacko  bear_whistle

If you are interested in more of a rule of thumb though... you might get one of those little spinning color wheels that they sometimes have in the artist supply area of the craft stores... with the paint and such.... they goe into hue and saturation and all that... that who thing where oposite sides of the color wheel are colors that our eye likes to see together....or there are those ones on the back of paint brochures at Home Depot!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

clare14 Country Bears
England

Amelia, I lay out all my colours against the fabric, and just pick the one I like the best!! 

I'm not aware of a rule, and if there was one I wouldn't abide by it (rebel or what!!   bear_whistle )   it's MY creation, I'll decide!! 

Go with your instinct!!   :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I do what Clare does... depends on the look I am going for.. if you want a more traditional bear, I would stick with traditional colors... or if you want to do something funky, the sky is the limit!  It could also depend on your accessories or decorations you add to your bear bear_original

Board footer