Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hello Friends,

I'm finding it hard to carry on the small and not so small talk these days. Putting my thoughts into coherent sentences seems to be a chore and I'm finding it painfully difficult to find my sense of humor.

Things with Dad are touch and go. Very late Thursday night of this past week I made another mad dash in the dark to the hospital (2 1/2 hrs away). He has another aneurysm, though only slight and as a result of the surgery and also the start of pneumonia. They gave him a new pain med and antibiotic for the pneumonia and sent him home. He's not coping well with the pain, is so doped up and all we can do is wait and watch. Every day he is with us is a bitter sweet blessing. Just not sure what to feel, think or anything any more. I won't even mention the worry I have for my mom and her health. So I make the trip over there as often as I can... every other day.

And those darn movie bunnies... they still aren't done and I don't have the where-with-all to finish them but I've got to. NOT a pressure I need right now.

Henry has been so supportive and helpful through all of this and is doing his best to take care of me and make sure I eat and sleep and keep my blood sugars under control.... I kept forgetting to take my shots.. .something I've been doing for 24 years... how can I just suddenly forget?

I'll pop in from time to time to read, catch up on everyone's new creations and just escape from reality for a bit but probably won't post much. Hopefully this is temporary as I really enjoy 'chattering' with all of you. I'll be back as soon as things have quieted down in my life.

Anyway.... thank you to everyone for your posts, PM's and emails. To those who I've not responded to: please understand that I'm drained, hate sending depressing emails or can't even begin to sit and write a reply so have not. But I HAVE read your messages and they are all greatly appreciated.

Love and Hugs,
Daphne

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Oh sweetie I am so very sorry but you already know that.   I wish I were closer to help you out.

:hug:   :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug: Oh sweetie, I'm not in the least bit surprised  :hug:   You need to take as much *you* time as you possibly can.  Enjoy your parents to the fullest, and please do listen to your hubby right now.  I'm sure he's taking great care of you.  You're going through a life change that's just rocking your world, so its not that you've suddenly turned silly forgetting your insulin...its just that you're going through a a lot of shock.  Indeed, keep sticking to as many routines and scheduales as you can.  It will make you feel a bit better. 

Sending along massive hugs :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Daphne, I just don't know what to say except we will miss you and we love and support you dearly! Your all in my deepest , heartfelt prayers.  :hug:   :hug:

Matthea Ontario

Be good to yourself!
I'm back on here tonight after a few months of absence. Take care of yourself!

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

Take care!  :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

We'll pray for you and the family and patiently wait for your return.

:hug:

dilu

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Aw Daphne, I'm so sorry things are still not getting any better.  Please take care of youself first, and then you'll have more energy to help everyone else.  I will keep you all in my prayers and hope things get better for all of you.  Enjoy the time you have with your parents and we will patiently wait for you to come back to us.
                                             Much love, :hug:  :hug:

Brenda

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Daphne... I will keep praying for your dad and your family....
Please take care of you self.
I will wait for your return patiently...  bear_cry

Hugs/Marie  :hug:

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Daphne, I am so sorry to hear that things are not getting better for you. Take care of your self first, and know that there are many  people here thinking of you and praying for you and your family.
Hugs, Terrie

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Take care Daphne, we will all be thinking of you and your family and sending our good wishes your way.

Jane P

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug: Understood, Daphne--you've got an overloaded plate right now! :hug:

We'll be praying and crossing fingers and thinking about you and your family.

I wish I lived close enough to help!

Deadlines are usually extendable and notoriously set well ahead of necessity--remember that your bunnies are essential to the Mimsy production. They can't do much without you, so you have every reason and right to let them know that you're taking a time out for family matters.

Eileen

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Big hugs for you and your family Daphne. I'll keep you all in my prayers. Make sure that you look after yourself and take those shots.

Hugs Jane.  :hug:

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

Take it easy Daphne our thoughts are with you. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Lots of hugs, Daphne ! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
My thought are with you and your family !  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Take care Daphne and my love and thoughts are with you and your Family at this time.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Daphne, please take care, our thoughts are with you and your family.  :hug:

beary_clairey Luton

Daphne,

Please look after yourself, if you end up making yourself very ill - you will be no good to anyone. Gina's right just breathe and remember that you & family is the priority.

I know there are Angels watching over you so just take a step at a time.

Big Hugs

Claire

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Take care uf yourself first and foremost! :hug:  :hug:  :hug: You know where we are if you need any one of us!

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Holding you & yours in my thoughts!

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Daphne,.
                You will be in my prayers too, but you must not neglect your own health either. I know how tired you will be by now ,but I will be thinking of you .  Take Care .  Hugs from Rita xxxx

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Daphne, you and your family are in my thoughts.  Take care of your family and we will be here waiting for your return  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

There's so little anyone can do or say in a situation like this, Daphne.  You just do what you need to do and we'll be here waiting for when you can come back.  I'll be thinking of you and your family in the meantime.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Sorry Daphne for you and your family are going thru some very hard  times . Be sure to take care of yourself and just be with your family right now...you all need that togetherness which is the very esscence of life ...and family.
Our  hearts and prayers are with you...for love and peace and wellness,,,,Hugs, Winney

Board footer