Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Shari,

I am a still new-bie for eBay and can't give you any good advice but I can't see anything wrong with your bear.  bear_ermm
He is just adorable and I love his proportion and the pants,
he' s eyes are too gorgeous.  bear_flower I love your bear.  bear_wub
I do admire your work. bear_smile   :hug:

If this was me and I have change some thing,
I would probably change the back ground to other color.
Sorry that I'm not an expert of colors and can't give you
the right color but I think your bear's eye and mohair,nose are
in same tone and his pants are same tone plus background are also in same tone with darker color.  However color of your bear is great and background is beautiful too....I do love to use same tone color for background too. (plus I'm no good with
color combination...)This is a only my opinion and please for give me if I'm not helping you !  :pray:  I hope I'm not making you feel bad... :hug: 

eBay is maybe slow as everyone saids and bear4bid are
still new to collector.....so please don't let them get you
down.  :hug:  I guess we just need  keep trying.  bear_whistle
I'm making my bears for sale and hope to show them
on bear4bid soon and hope the site will become a great
auction site for bears(& friends).  bear_flower

nettie wrote:

I think the main thing is to stick to making what you like not what you think will sell.Your heart has to be in it to make beautiful bears.

nettie, I almost cry when I read your post....  :cry:
I know some other TT member also said this before,
many times....but I just need it to hear this now
for my self.  bear_smile thank you.  :hug:

Hugs/Marie

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

Better to keep him & try again, than to let him go for far less than his worth!

I have art prints & stuff in my ebay store all the time, & every so often I have
a guy who has so much work put into him, I cannot trust that he would meet
the auction price I'd feel is fair - whether I set a reserve or not. Stuff like that, I stick
in my store with a Buy It Now price & it costs only cents to list, & automagically relists every
month if it doesn't sell. & eventually they do - I don't have any originals listed now!

I have found that with the mailing list sign-up on my About Me page & website, I
have all these people who want to know every time I list new bears or other art.
It's a good way to let people keep track of your work, to send out a little notice
when you list something new for sale.

Ory is a dear little guy, nothing wrong with him. Any criticisms one could make would
be purely matters of taste. He's lovely in proportion, style, expression, color. His trousers
look a mite crisp & tidy, but that's just a matter of taste too - my stuff gets bashed 'n' battered,
tea-dyed, sandpapered, dragged through mudpuddles, & thrown at the wall to look aged & broken-in,
lol - so that's not really a valid concern coming from me! He just hasn't found his Person yet, that's all.
He will!

Board footer