Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

PeachtreeCottage Peachtree Cottage
Georgia
Website

Whoo hoo I'm so excited!  I finally made my FIRST sewn bear!!  With the help of Berta's pattern/kit I ventured out into the world of sewn bears.  I'm very happy with how little Flutter came out and hope to make more.  I think I might work on a larger size (maybe 6-8 inches) while I'm learning though, because I had some trouble turning the parts.  Flutter is only 3 inches tall !

I'm looking for patterns in the 4-9 inch range...so if anyone can make some recommendations for a beginner to sewn bears, please let me know.  I have made crochet bears for 3.5 years so I'm familar with the logisitics of making bears, just not the specifics of working on sewn ones...but I want to LEARN !

(deep breath)...ok...here she is...allow me to introduce you to Flutter:

MR-Flutter-Thimble-72dpi-300x400.jpg

MR-Flutter-SittingRose-72dpi-640x480.jpg

MR-Flutter-SittingChair-72dpi-480x640.jpg

/bearhugs,

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Fantastic job Mary!!

You have done so well!  That fabric is not the easiest fabric to work with either and I can't believe it's your first bear.

There's quite a number of small sized patterns at intercal in that 4 - 6 inch range - lots of different styles of bear too, so there's bound to be something that you like.

Keep up the good work!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Very impressive, Mary . . . you've done great work!

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

Ooooh, so adorable!  I love the winsome little expression on her face!!  Stunning for your very first sewn bear!  Mine looked like nothing so much as the cat dragged in!  I can't wait to see more!

= )

Amelia

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Very Sweet. Love the littly butterfly touches. You did a great job! bear_grin

Board footer