Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

bear_original   :clap:  I am starting my new job as an enumerator with the census bureau tomorrow!  That's when I get my official government issued laptop computer and self study materials, and get sworn in.  There will be classroom training next week, and then I will be ready to go out and count for the housing census.  That should count for something, pun intended.   The housing census lasts through September, so I will be kept busy for several months.  After the housing census ends, I may be assigned to another specific type of census.  Anyway, I am looking forward to the new job!   bear_original

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Good luck with your new job. Certainly not a normal job. Do you have to interview people too? You have to start a note book of things people do.

What an ice breaker at a party ,,,, " so what do you do?" " I count houses...." Sorry, I can just see this. Because of the way we live I get to meet loads of people who have various occupations. I stay at home. But I have the best fun inventing a title depending on the way the person treats me. If it is one of those pompous condescending types I say something like, I play with teddies, or I clean the toilet. I would love to be able to say I count houses. That would just floor them.  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

I apologise for my sense of humour, but too much solitude and toilet cleaner will do that to you

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Sounds like a really interesting and fun job Gail. :)
It reminds me of one of my favorite jokes since we are being funny here.  :crackup:
A census taker knocks on the door of a local house.
A man answers the door and she says "Hi there. I'm taking a census and if I could ask you just a few questions?"
the man replies "Sure"
"OK" "How many live in your house?"  He replies "4"
"OK then, what is your annual income?"
He replies" Oh, around $ 50,000.00"
"Very good. And the age of the head of the house?" He replies "3 1/2" :))

Good luck to you Gail on your new job! And be sure to wear really good shoes!!!!  bear_grin

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Good luck with your new job Gail ~ I hope it goes well for you.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Oh good luck to you with your new job - having any job is better than none - therefore be happy with having your job
bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Congrats on your new job!  :clap:  I hope you enjoy it!   bear_thumb

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Sounds interesting.  Good luck and I hope you like it!

Hugs,
Alison

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hope you find it interesting and enjoyable, Gail.   bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Hi Gail!
It's been a long time since we've seen each other. My mom lives in Long Beach...so that would be a nice surprise if I saw you in the neighborhood. Good luck with your new job. I hope you will enjoy it.
bear_thumb
Kathy

ladyjujuann Pearl Button Bears
Bournemouth

Good Luck with your new job!!!  bear_thumb

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

bear_original  :hug:  Thank you all for the good wishes for me and my new job!  I am looking forward to it too!   :hug:  bear_original

Board footer