Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

bear_original   :clap:  I am starting my new job as an enumerator with the census bureau tomorrow!  That's when I get my official government issued laptop computer and self study materials, and get sworn in.  There will be classroom training next week, and then I will be ready to go out and count for the housing census.  That should count for something, pun intended.   The housing census lasts through September, so I will be kept busy for several months.  After the housing census ends, I may be assigned to another specific type of census.  Anyway, I am looking forward to the new job!   bear_original

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Good luck with your new job. Certainly not a normal job. Do you have to interview people too? You have to start a note book of things people do.

What an ice breaker at a party ,,,, " so what do you do?" " I count houses...." Sorry, I can just see this. Because of the way we live I get to meet loads of people who have various occupations. I stay at home. But I have the best fun inventing a title depending on the way the person treats me. If it is one of those pompous condescending types I say something like, I play with teddies, or I clean the toilet. I would love to be able to say I count houses. That would just floor them.  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

I apologise for my sense of humour, but too much solitude and toilet cleaner will do that to you

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Sounds like a really interesting and fun job Gail. :)
It reminds me of one of my favorite jokes since we are being funny here.  :crackup:
A census taker knocks on the door of a local house.
A man answers the door and she says "Hi there. I'm taking a census and if I could ask you just a few questions?"
the man replies "Sure"
"OK" "How many live in your house?"  He replies "4"
"OK then, what is your annual income?"
He replies" Oh, around $ 50,000.00"
"Very good. And the age of the head of the house?" He replies "3 1/2" :))

Good luck to you Gail on your new job! And be sure to wear really good shoes!!!!  bear_grin

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Good luck with your new job Gail ~ I hope it goes well for you.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Oh good luck to you with your new job - having any job is better than none - therefore be happy with having your job
bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Congrats on your new job!  :clap:  I hope you enjoy it!   bear_thumb

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Sounds interesting.  Good luck and I hope you like it!

Hugs,
Alison

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hope you find it interesting and enjoyable, Gail.   bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Hi Gail!
It's been a long time since we've seen each other. My mom lives in Long Beach...so that would be a nice surprise if I saw you in the neighborhood. Good luck with your new job. I hope you will enjoy it.
bear_thumb
Kathy

ladyjujuann Pearl Button Bears
Bournemouth

Good Luck with your new job!!!  bear_thumb

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

bear_original  :hug:  Thank you all for the good wishes for me and my new job!  I am looking forward to it too!   :hug:  bear_original

Board footer