Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

on another site someone is looking for a teddy bear designing program I have never heard of one have you  bear_wacko ?

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

I believe North Country Teddy bears offers a design course at the Teddy Bear University!! Check it out!

Many Hugs Louise

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

I think they were looking for a computer program but thanks for the tip about north country bears I didnt know them so I took a look very interesting site. :clap:

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Dollwear Australia have computer programs and designer programs   www.dollwearaustralia.com.au  and they do have a teddy bear one cause i have seen it

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Nope never heard of such a thing.

taralee teds Taralee Teds
south australia

I had a look at the dollware site and the program appears to be specifically for making doll clothes. I think she's looking for a program that will show her how to design her own bears - and if there are free programs around.  bear_original

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Its not free but they do sell one for bears i was looking at it at one of the shows i was at

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

I am not sure of the spelling but Rotraud Illish did a CD of designing bears. 
Donna

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

luv that avatar kitty Donna. what a wonderfully hauty expression he has. bear_thumb

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Thanks Matilda,
That Kitty is made from deer hide that was dyed.  I had never sewn deer before and while I was making him I swore I was never going to sew on deer again.  Now that he is finished, I am thinking I may have to make another one.
Donna

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Yep Jazzyrags i saw the same programme at a show in Brisbane.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

I don't know if this is a book or a CD but Edinburgh's has something called "Design-a-Bear."
http://www.edinburghimports.com/shoppin … 92364=S030

and here is a link to Rotraud Ilish's website:
http://www.rotraud-ilisch.de/Pages/-book.htm

I don't know if these are what you are looking for....  It would be nice to have a program form making patterns on the computer. I've played around with 'paint' and Printshop but find it's quicker and easier for me just to draw them on paper.

bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm first in line to get that software, Erin!!!!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  (After you, of course!  bear_original   bear_original )

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'll be second!

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

I thought I'd jump in on this one.  It's gonna sound complicated (sorry).

I don't have any software that guides me into a design, but I do use my computer to change my existing patterns.

A while ago I scanned my current pattern into CorelDRAW, and "redrew" each piece as a "curve", and then deleted the original scanned versions.  I am left with digitally stretchable, editable pattern pieces. (One side effect - you'll get pretty good at creating and editing vector based curves!)

This is really GREAT when I want to fit the biggest bear possible onto a piece of fabric.  I make a new blank "page" the size of the fabric (I am not printing this out!), then I plop all the "pieces" on top, and arrange them as tightly as possible. 

If it turns out I have more room, I select all the pieces and "drag" them larger!  Easy and satisfying.  When they fit the way I want, I copy them onto regular 8.5x11 "pages" and print them out.

Now, I made one boo boo originally - I didn't remove the seam allowance from my pieces when I scanned them in, so as I enlarge them now, the seam allowances are getting all out of proportion!  I may start over, if I ever feel like it.   :doh:

I know this makes no sense if you're not into graphics, but it's not really all that hard to do.   bear_wacko  And I love it!
Lynne

Ripley, Queensland

Ummm definately lost me there but if someone does a program for me I would be thrilled.

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

Oops!  Sorry about that!!  bear_whistle   bear_grin

Ripley, Queensland

I am sure there are plenty out there who know what you are on about but I alot of it on me is useless.  bear_wacko   But if you had been talking about gussets and and needle sculpting a couple of years ago you would have had the same blank stare... so I know I can learn.   bear_grin

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

After me you come first !...he, he...

Id love to see someone develope a pattern designing program..They have them for quilts...dont know if that includes all kinds of shapes other than squares. I also know there is are people clothes pattern making programs out there so..... who ever does this for teddies and other critters  can sure get a lot of sales ....from doll and bear artists....Winney

Board footer