Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

on another site someone is looking for a teddy bear designing program I have never heard of one have you  bear_wacko ?

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

I believe North Country Teddy bears offers a design course at the Teddy Bear University!! Check it out!

Many Hugs Louise

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

I think they were looking for a computer program but thanks for the tip about north country bears I didnt know them so I took a look very interesting site. :clap:

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Dollwear Australia have computer programs and designer programs   www.dollwearaustralia.com.au  and they do have a teddy bear one cause i have seen it

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Nope never heard of such a thing.

taralee teds Taralee Teds
south australia

I had a look at the dollware site and the program appears to be specifically for making doll clothes. I think she's looking for a program that will show her how to design her own bears - and if there are free programs around.  bear_original

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Its not free but they do sell one for bears i was looking at it at one of the shows i was at

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

I am not sure of the spelling but Rotraud Illish did a CD of designing bears. 
Donna

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

luv that avatar kitty Donna. what a wonderfully hauty expression he has. bear_thumb

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Thanks Matilda,
That Kitty is made from deer hide that was dyed.  I had never sewn deer before and while I was making him I swore I was never going to sew on deer again.  Now that he is finished, I am thinking I may have to make another one.
Donna

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Yep Jazzyrags i saw the same programme at a show in Brisbane.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

I don't know if this is a book or a CD but Edinburgh's has something called "Design-a-Bear."
http://www.edinburghimports.com/shoppin … 92364=S030

and here is a link to Rotraud Ilish's website:
http://www.rotraud-ilisch.de/Pages/-book.htm

I don't know if these are what you are looking for....  It would be nice to have a program form making patterns on the computer. I've played around with 'paint' and Printshop but find it's quicker and easier for me just to draw them on paper.

bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm first in line to get that software, Erin!!!!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  (After you, of course!  bear_original   bear_original )

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'll be second!

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

I thought I'd jump in on this one.  It's gonna sound complicated (sorry).

I don't have any software that guides me into a design, but I do use my computer to change my existing patterns.

A while ago I scanned my current pattern into CorelDRAW, and "redrew" each piece as a "curve", and then deleted the original scanned versions.  I am left with digitally stretchable, editable pattern pieces. (One side effect - you'll get pretty good at creating and editing vector based curves!)

This is really GREAT when I want to fit the biggest bear possible onto a piece of fabric.  I make a new blank "page" the size of the fabric (I am not printing this out!), then I plop all the "pieces" on top, and arrange them as tightly as possible. 

If it turns out I have more room, I select all the pieces and "drag" them larger!  Easy and satisfying.  When they fit the way I want, I copy them onto regular 8.5x11 "pages" and print them out.

Now, I made one boo boo originally - I didn't remove the seam allowance from my pieces when I scanned them in, so as I enlarge them now, the seam allowances are getting all out of proportion!  I may start over, if I ever feel like it.   :doh:

I know this makes no sense if you're not into graphics, but it's not really all that hard to do.   bear_wacko  And I love it!
Lynne

Ripley, Queensland

Ummm definately lost me there but if someone does a program for me I would be thrilled.

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

Oops!  Sorry about that!!  bear_whistle   bear_grin

Ripley, Queensland

I am sure there are plenty out there who know what you are on about but I alot of it on me is useless.  bear_wacko   But if you had been talking about gussets and and needle sculpting a couple of years ago you would have had the same blank stare... so I know I can learn.   bear_grin

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

After me you come first !...he, he...

Id love to see someone develope a pattern designing program..They have them for quilts...dont know if that includes all kinds of shapes other than squares. I also know there is are people clothes pattern making programs out there so..... who ever does this for teddies and other critters  can sure get a lot of sales ....from doll and bear artists....Winney

Board footer