Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

Laura..thank you so much for the information! let me clarify my question a bit! first of all ..i learn stuff backwards  ( anybody else do this? i hear its a trait common to COA's,,but maybe its just me! too excited have to dive right in!!)   meaning that have a web program that does all the html for me,,( yes thats cheating) and i am familiar with the linking..designing pages..its the structure of a multiple site ive never seen! can i make them like little cells? all linked? and the photos are one pages in thumbnails and then on another page for larger ones..so im not sure how many pages would be standard ? all the usual HOME..BEARS>>etc.and then a page for each larger picture? or are there other  places to store photos..which is  i believe what you did with yahoo//  i tend to buy mohair and then learn to sew...offered to do my step daughters wedding flowers ( i love to arrange silk flowers) and then learned how to make  a bouquet..i jump all over magazines when i read,,but i am not really as scatter brained as i sound! i have a file manager thru earthlink but i just find it confusing,,  thanks for your help!! deb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Shelli - I agree with Shantell!!!

Deb - I'm so happy to know I'm not the only one who does things backwards!! bear_angry

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi Deb,

Maybe this will help... I know I do better with pictures myself :)

I'm using one of my other subdomains as an example because its file manager is much cleaner and easier to see what I'm talking about :)

First... here's a shot of part of the home page.  See the links on the side....

webpage.jpg

What you want to do is to create a separate web page for each of the links that you want.  Then you link that page to the text link you create on  your home page.  If you could look inside my file manager... you would see all the separate pages in there....
file-manager.jpg

And so... on the home page... you write the code for the links so that you can access ALL of your pages via your home page.  Here's what that code looks like on this particular site:

links-code.jpg

Hope that helps!  I have no experience at ALL with website programs... I've only written the HTML code by hand.

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in... I built a website for the theater company I work for at Homestead.com.  They will register your domain name for you, and they host the site.  They have different plans to choose from.  I used them because I didn't own web building software.

When I first got my computer, of course didn't know how to do anything - I just knew what I wanted it to look like.  Homestead supplies the editing software (you download it) and you just follow the instructions.  We signed up when it was free, but now we pay $99 a year and get unlimited websites and unlimited files and storage.  It's a great deal for me, because I was able to put up my bear page at no extra cost!  (The theater company doesn't know anything about the bear site! :P)

By the way, if anyone is interested in theater junk, our site is www.2ndstarproductions.com It is what I do with the rest of my life (non bear related activity:))
Lynne

I just checked your website, Kim and it's really cute!  I love the color scheme!  Way to go girl!!

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

Laura thank you for trying so hard to show me the answer! you've been very sweet! i do see things better visually! i guess a flow chart is sort of what i mean..one central first page and then links to 6 pages bythis artist and then another 6 pages by this artist etc..but do not link to each other except on the menu..one line bottom of page..and one the one central listing home page..its a link to a document i believe is what my program says..enough with me!!  you all have lovely sites and bears! and i look forward to seeing more! hope to get some photos taken of the new bears im working on! got to finish this wedding stuff i promised to do first! she loves the bouquet...so im half way there!   hugs to all deb

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Mandie - that is where I got my website from, where you suggested... it is a "work in progress"  I need to work on it this weekend.. not sure if I like the "pink" background or the "tabs" on the top, I would rather them be on the side instead... not enough room up there.... I also dont like that the page doesnt scroll down... I will have to download the software at home and fix it....

Board footer