Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Shelli, you shouldn't feel badly for one second about your win.  I know there were several nominees on this board, but I don't think any of us would want you to feel anything less than you should be feeling... extremely proud and very, very happy :)

For myself, I don't have one ounce of disappointment in being a nominee.  Being a nominee at all was an amazing and surprising position to find myself in!  I was not expecting a win, so not winning wasn't even a teeny bit of a shock, and certainly didn't make me feel badly.  Besides, even powerhouses like Michelle Lamb were 'just' (LOL!) nominees this year, so it's not like I'm keeping bad company!  The funny thing about me is that I am NOT competitive with other people.  I am very competitive with myself, I always push for goals that are too high to obtain, but comparing myself in relation to others is just not part of my nature.  I loved my big fluffy polar bear and other people told me they did too, that's all that matters.  So major kudos to you on your special day, Shelli!  The only way I'm going to feel bad about not winning is if YOU feel bad about it!  What a pathetic, sappy bunch we are.

Bear hugs,
Kelly

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bearlyart wrote:

What a pathetic, sappy bunch we are.

Yeah, we are.  Nurturing, overly enmeshed with concern.  Total lack of self-control and willpower when it comes to checking in and saying "hi" and sharing.

And dang me, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  (Excuse my language.)

Thanks, Kelly.  :):):)

Big, pathetic, sappy hugs,

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

NOT TO WORRY, SHELLI!!  I'm waaaay too old to waste what time I have left feeling bitterness or even disappointment because I didn't win, my dear!!  I KNOW the elation that you are experiencing now, for I won last year and can relive that moment any time I wish.  If I never get another nomination or win, I know I've been there and am truly satisfied.  The competitions encourage me to come up with newer, different designs and motivate me to keep improving.  Also, if my brain has to work harder, maybe I won't inherit my mom's Alzheimer's Disease!! bear_laugh  So, Shelli, please enjoy your well-deserved win and don't let ANYTHING dampen that spirit!  Speaking for myself . . . I'm waaaay cool with and completely agree with the choice of the voters!  bear_cool   Big hugs,

Dilu Posts: 8,574

How did this happen?  I closed down last night at 8 and nothing and now all of a sudden I am WAY LATE

YAY SHELLI

We are so very happy for you

You are such a wonderful inspiration to all of us!

Gollyhugs

Dilu

PS Your humbleness makes you an even more deserving winner....don't change, my dear, because you are truly special!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh Shelli I am so proud and excited for you !!!!! I agree with the others that you have no reason to have mixed feelings.  Just enjoy the moment  and let us all share it with you.  You truly deserve to be awarded for your talent. 

I just realized that we have bears in the same hug at a collectors house !!!!!! I may never meet you in person , but knowing that our bears have met and live in the same house makes me tingle inside.  What an honor for me that is !!!!! 

Thank you for all that you do for for this board with your knowledge and kindness.  You are an inspiration to all of us. 

Sue- Ann, I noticed that you won last year too.  A belated congratulations.  It amazes me that both of you , and all the others who are recongized and accomplished artists, take the time to help the rest of us grow and pursue our dreams. THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!!!!

bear_original:):):):):):)

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

You're welcome, Tammy, and all of you.  Please send checks payable to....

:P:D:lol::);)

PS  eMail me privately and tell me WHO that collector is, please.  Now you've piqued my curiosity!

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

Way to go Shelli - it is well deserved and you have worked very hard to earn it.

Jill

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

What terrific news!!!!!!! Congratulatons Shelli!!!

Hugs,
Terrie

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Shelli...I am just getting back 'into the fold' after being away for a week or so and I am late to offer my sincere congratulations.

You not only deserve this wonderful award for your beautiful work but also for the 'beautiful you' !!!
I don't think there is a person in this group who has not received some form of help from you in one way or another.
I believe in order to be truly deserving of an award, you must not only be good at what you do but add something special to the inner workings of an art form...and you certainly do that, very well.

Congratulations honey, you 'did good' !!! ;)
Nanc.........

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Well said Tammy, I agree with this, its all true.   Shelli Enjoy the moment, your very well deserving ;)

I agree with the others that you have no reason to have mixed feelings.  Just enjoy the moment  and let us all share it with you.  You truly deserve to be awarded for your talent. 

I just realized that we have bears in the same hug at a collectors house !!!!!! I may never meet you in person , but knowing that our bears have met and live in the same house makes me tingle inside.  What an honor for me that is !!!!! 

Thank you for all that you do for for this board with your knowledge and kindness.  You are an inspiration to all of us.

Irene Irenours-bears
France

I'm so happy for you shelli. Can i see this beauty?

Black Forest Bears Haus of Bears, Inc.
Largo,Florida

Hi Shelli,

I congratulate you too, your Bears are really  winners and you do an outstanding work.

Rita

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

SKUNK-full-body-SMALL.jpgThanks, everyone.  Someone asked for a photo of CHAUNCEY, so I'm sticking it up here.  I really appreciate your warm congratulations!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

A belated Congratulations!  EVERYONE needs to visit the North Country Teddy Bear forum...Nancy Tillberg and I just spent the last week together and we took a special photo in honor of Shelli...it will be posted there when she returns to Thunder Bay........

By the way...she is an AMAZING person and we had a blast!!!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Ooohhhh!  This is exciting, and the first I've heard about special photos!  When can I see???

Nancy is amazing and apparently, like Rita, never sleeps.  I can't believe she has a full time job, raises kids, designs and webmasters her site, and writes books.  I need about 1/10th her energy and time management; that would be enough.

THANKS AGAIN for the nice congrats. bear_original

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

PS  Can I mention that CHAUNCEY is made from Intercal mohair of four types -- black short/long, white short/long -- and that Johnna hand-picked it for me personally from my description of what I needed?  The customer service here is superb, and apparently, the mohair is plenty good enough to be award-winning. bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Shelli, Chuancy is to die for.  I can't wait to order some mohair from Intercal.....I just want to use up some of what I have already.  I discovered Intercal right after I bougth a boat-load of mohair somewhere else.:/
Nancy should be home early next week and will post it then...I think you will like it. bear_laugh:D:D:D

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Shelli - he is adorable... i really like his feet!

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

Shelli - congratulations.   From the first time I saw Chauncey I knew he would be the winner.
How did he get his name?

Sandi

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Shelli !!! thank you for CHAUNCEY's big beautiful picture. bear_laugh he is sooooo cute ♪♪

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Belated congratulations, Shelli !

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Shelli:
So happy for you, Congratulations!  You deserve the honor for your hard work and inspiring creations.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Oh my ears and whiskers . . .

Belated congratulations, Sweet Shelli! The competition was stiff, but you're number ONE! Huzza! :lol:

Eileen

Shana Hawaii

What an accomplishment!!  You should be very proud of yourself.  That is such a big step in such an exciting direction in doing something you love and have a passion for.  I wish you the best and I have always admired your bears.  Hope to see what you will be coming up with next. 
Lots of bear hugs,
Shana

Board footer