Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

I have been away for a week to the south of Sweden. Its been raining heavily here too, but we managed to get the week with the least rain and a lot of sunshine. It wasn't warm enough to go swimming in the sea though. We visited a beech forest national park and a zoo, which had the most amazing baby animals and all in action. It was a great experience, not like the usual sluggish zoo animals, hiding in the bushes. We stayed for 7 hours and in the evening, when all the noisy kids had left, we got to see even more animals.

Dalby.jpg

The beech forest.

babyluchs.jpg babylynx2.jpg

A baby lynx/bobcat.

lynx.jpg

Lynx parent.

otter.jpg ottertwo.jpg

An otter.

bear1.jpg bear2.jpg Bears of course. bear_thumb

wildcats.jpg

These are European wild cats. Not feral domestic cats!

wolfpup.jpg wolfpups.jpg And some wolves.

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

We also saw some pretty butterflies.

butterfly1.jpg
butterflyside.jpg
butterfly2.jpg

surf.jpg

The surf was strong in some places. Its the Baltic Sea.

We took a day trip to Copenhagen, which is close to where we were staying, just across a bridge between Sweden and Denmark.
The guards were changing when we arrived at castle Amalienborg.
guards.jpg

mermaid.jpg

Of course the classic tourist shot of the little mermaid.  bear_tongue

And we spent some time tasting the local cuisine. This was the garden at our favorite cafĂ©, which had cakes to die for.  bear_whistle
Cafe.jpg

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Great pictures !! WOW !!! Looked like a great time !

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Thanks for sharing your trip and these beautiful pictures! Your animal shots are great! Were you close or do you have a good zoom lens?

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Tami, I have a 75-300 mm zoom (actually a little longer on my digital SLR), but I was also rather close as these animals were just behind the fence. Zooming in makes the wire fence fade away and it was actually better to watch through my lens than with my own eyes. It was so much fun watching all these baby animals in action. The little lynx played with anything it found and even tried to stick its paw through the fence at all the cameras. There was a glass wall too and it suddenly reached up with its front paws and tried to get to the fingers of all the kids behind the glass. Too funny. There even were baby otters, but still blind and confined to the nest. We could see in through a glass window, but they were sleeping and it was quite dark.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

:clap: Wonderful pictures, thanks!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Fantastic photos, Sabine!!  The pictures of Copenhagen took me back to 1975.  Hubby was there for a few months on a business assignment, so my daughters and I went over for a two-week visit.  We saw the places in your shots and more, of course . . . a great place.  Thanks for the memories.

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Hi Sabine,

What wonderful pictures.

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh lovely Sabine, thanks for showing  bear_flower I love the wolves  bear_wub

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Sabine thank you for sharing those lovely photo's of the animals, I am glad that you had a good time.

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Your photos are great Sabine!

The Little Mermaid shot reminds me: my grandad was in the Submarine Corps when he was younger, and he told me that one night in Copenhagen they all got drunk, swam out to the mermaid ansd painted her green XD.  They had to scrub her clean with toothbrushes the next day when their superior found out...

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm
Gantaeno wrote:

The Little Mermaid shot reminds me: my grandad was in the Submarine Corps when he was younger, and he told me that one night in Copenhagen they all got drunk, swam out to the mermaid ansd painted her green XD.  They had to scrub her clean with toothbrushes the next day when their superior found out...

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

That mermaid gets stolen now and then too, but so far they have always found it and brought it back. You don't have to swim out btw, its just at the shore on a few rocks and people wade out to it or manage to use the rocks as stepping stones. It is apparently difficult to climb up to it though. Looked slippery.

Board footer