Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

ciderantiques Ciderantiques and Old Soul Bears
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Stunning animal photos!  That last sunset picture is amazing too.  You must have a great camera . . . you weren't really that close to the Hyaena were you????  Great zoom :)

I would love to go on a trip like that !   All about the animals :)

Thanks for sharing all those pics.

Karen at Ciderantiques

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Thank you from me too!  I loved seeing all that wildlife & the fantastic scenery!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Wow Chloe!  Those are some fantastic photos. And what lovely memories you will have.  Your photos look very professional.  WOW wow wow!!

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Thanks everyone bear_original  I have to admit not all of the last photos are mine, including the delicious sunset shot, but the whole place was that beautiful... Could I choose between a safe, constant country like England, or the dangerous beauty of Africa? I really envy those who live there, although I know I will have had a gold-tinted view of the country, safe from all the politics and most of the wildlife (it being winter there now) but still...

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful holiday with us, I loved all the photo's they are very inspiring. The video of the Elephants was amazing and to think you were there seeing it all. Thank you

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Chloe, you and your friends were spot-on with your designs!
Hair styles, little sweaters, all of it. Well, the guys' shirts would've still been tucked in...
Did you all have to design/sew them yourselves?
That was my era—late 50s— and you all looked as if you'd just stepped back 50 years and it is now Summer 1957.

Hugs & Thx For The Memories!
Bobbie

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Oh Chloe, how absolutely smashing!!!!  What a spectacular experience. Thankyou for sharing it with us. I love every photo and am so glad they were large size photos and not little ones. There would have been know way for us to understand your experience with little pics. They just blow me away. :dance:  :dance:

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website
rkr4cds wrote:

Chloe, you and your friends were spot-on with your designs!
Hair styles, little sweaters, all of it. Well, the guys' shirts would've still been tucked in...
Did you all have to design/sew them yourselves?
That was my era—late 50s— and you all looked as if you'd just stepped back 50 years and it is now Summer 1957.

Hugs & Thx For The Memories!
Bobbie

n61215052_37644447_868.jpg

bear_laugh;D:D  Thanks a lot, Bobbie!   My mum will be very pleased by your comment, the dress took us a lot of time but the petticoat took even longer! (ruddy thing...)

In that photo I am the only one with a hand made dress- the others are all clever adaptations of shop bought ones. I was originally going to buy a 'Vivien of Holloway' dress, but I was scared someone else would have the same one- I e-mailed to ask these people (who brag about the small scale, british manufacture of their dresses) if they could make one in a fabric of my choice if I paid for it and the answer was no, so I bought a Simplicity pattern... which my friend Charlie later bought and began making before I had the chance :(

If you see the girl in the green dress next to me in this one and the one above, thats the pattern I was originally making-

http://www.phoenixphotography.org/easte … b_0159.htm

So I bought myself a vintage 1958 'answer dress' (what does that mean?!?) pattern on Ebay to make up myself, and then my mum said 'you know, I need a new sewing machine....' Two days later a brand new Pfaff arrives, and it's better than mine!  The thing practically makes coffee!

Here's the official photo of me- I asked them for a shot to replace he school photo of  my my mum has :P

http://www.phoenixphotography.org/easte … b_0164.htm

Thanks for asking Bobbie, I wish I was a '50s child, everything you hear and see about that era makes it sound so vibrant... I'll give the guys a smack for not joining in- I was trying to take up their trousers and get them in tie-matching socks a la Grease, but they weren't having it XD

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Wonderful pictures Chloe, what an exciting time you must have had, brilliant - thanks for sharing your experience

Pauline

Board footer