Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

:hug: Sorry it made me feel faint and I only read your intial post half way through..........and the last sentence to make sure you got the needle out!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh no Daphne - must have been so painful.  bear_sad

I hope that you are feeling better and that your finger is healing.

Higs
Carolyn
bear_flower

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

Daphne I am so sorry you got hurt! that sounds terrifying! remember seeing my grandmother do that when i was younger,,always remembered it!  having said that,,,you are SO going to get that first aid kit back!!! deb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Deb  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  I knew that was coming!! :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  And I deserve it! bear_tongue

Sandra - sorry to make you feel faint! How do you think I felt??  bear_wacko  bear_original

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Oooo Daphne, I rembmer a girl at my school doing that in a Textiles class- not only do I take my foot off, I turn the machine off before going anywhere near it!  And it didn't even happen to me!

You're very brave to deal with it yourself- tell me, did you end up threading your finger as well? (lol)

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Ouch, ouch, ouch!!!  I've put a needle felting needle through my finger & a cotter pin through my hand (don't ask me how... it happened so fast I'm not really sure how I could do that!)....  Good thing I don't use a machine to sew my bears... I'd be perforated by now!  Anyway, I can sympathize!  bear_cry  I hope you take good care of the wound & heal quickly!!!  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

OUCH!  Daphne I was clenching my fists will reading your post.  How painfully awful for you.  OOOOOWE!!!! I hope you do not become infected.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
Oh dear!
It must have been a scary time for you!
So far i do not remember that i ever had to put any of my fingers UNDER the needle. But I am just a beginner and we never know what is going to happen...  bear_tongue

I am glad you managed to remove the needle yourself so it avoided you to suffer too much  (imagine how long you could have waited at the hospital before being tken cared of!).

I am glad too to ear that there is no sign of infection.

take care,
Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thank you all for your sympathy, ouchies, and concern. bear_flower

My finger feels much better. Doesn't hurt at all and I could finally get back to hand sewing last night! Good thing because I have a show next weekend! The hole in the nail has healed over and is growing out. The hole in my skin is nothing more than a pin prick. I'm very fortunate I'm sure!
bear_thumb

Oh, and the slippers are removed at the door to my studio... now you watch, I'll step on a PIN!  :crackup:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Glad your finger is healing well, Daphne! Good luck with you show--It will be great I'm sure!!!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh you bring back memories of when I was about 4 yrs old, my mum did the exact same thing, only she was trying to sew a hem on a pair of jeans for my sister lol, she couldn't get the needle out and had to go the neighbours house for him to use the pliers...oooooooowwwwwch!!!!

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

really ouch. Havnt dont it myself yet but a matter of time. But had a weird thought the other day. You punture your self 100's of times while sewining so why get worried about an injection???? I always cringe when I see an injection needle but keep on sewing after sticking a doll needle into my finger. Make any sense?

Another thing to think of (and this did happen). A friend of my Mom's put the pedal  onto the sewing table to get it out of her son's way and the cat jumped up and got itself injured by landing on it and starting the machine, really not nice. I am so guilty of leaving the sewing machine on when not using it. And yes, the dogs lying at your feet....

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Carolynn, you have a point about needles and injections. I am diabetic and "stab" myself 4-5 times a day to take my insulin shots. Because of this it might have been easier for me to deal with a needle in my finger and having to pull it out. Though a machine needle and a syringe needle are MUCH different in size!!! But you make interesting points!!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oooooh Daphne.......   bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked    Now you weren't getting too carried away on your new machine were you?!!  bear_tongue  bear_tongue   Glad you're better now!!   :hug:  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

No, I haven't tried the new machine out yet..... no time until after my show next weekend.  bear_original

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Well Miss D.,

Glad it wasn't any worse. and I'd like to welcome you to the club.

SURELY do hope you are better soon, without too much nailbed pain.

dilu

Board footer