Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Dilu,

Girl!! You better get yourself some archival quality "Wonkadilly" labels!!! bear_grin:lol::lol:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

When I started making bears... I thought it would be cool to have some type of item on my bear to identify it.  You know... kinda like how Steiff uses their button....

I remembered in Debbie Kesling's book on how to make Miniature bears.. that she uses tags made out of Shrinky Dinks (a plastic that shrinks) so that is what I use!  I found a teddy bear shaped paper punch for mine...

teddy_tags.jpg

tag-on-bear.jpg

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

My husband and I are both "clean freaks" and need to have things organized - by the way, I am not obsessive compulsive!!!  Things just have their place and it drives me bonkers if they arent where they are suppose to be!!! bear_laugh

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I too don't want to sign my bears foot . I sew in my folded once into a loop  tags under the arm on the side of the body ...that is about as un- noticable a tag can get I think...it's there but not sticking out like a sore thumb.
I also put a laminated hang tag onto the bear. I like the idea of a photo  of the bear on the hang tag but just haven't got around to doing it yet...There is so much to do and I feel like I am soooo behind.....Winney

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Laura - would you mind if I did something similar???

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Hi Kim!

Oh please go ahead!  It wasn't my original idea bear_happy I got it from Debbie's book!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

bear_original  Thank you, Laura - I would rather ask first and not have you get angry bear_original

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Laura - by the way, I bought some shrinky dinks and made my tags this weekend!  They turned out perfect - I bought a whole punch that is in the shape of a tag and stamped a bee onto it and signed it "Kim-Bee Bears 2005".  They turned out wonderful!  I guess I was a deprived child and never had shrinky dinks when I was little - They were fun to watch shrink up - Easily amused I guess!:) Anywho, thank you for the suggestion!!! bear_happy

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Fantastic Kim!  Oh wow... never made "shrinky dinks" as a child?  You poor thing!! 

I found that fishing line - using a square knot - seems to be the most secure in attaching these tags.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Laura, you are wonderful!  So helpful to a gal just starting out in this business!!! bear_original

Teribears Forever Classics / Teri bears
Brookings,Oregon

:)Daphne, I believe the quote is " CREATIVE  PEOPLE ARE SELDOM TIDY".  I'd rather create and be remembered than to just be remembered for having a spotless home and nothing else. Liveable yes, eat off the floors, no.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Teri, welcome to the board and thanks much for the great quote!!  I need to show it to my husband.  VERY cute avatar you have . . . lets see some more!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Teri - Thanks! That's me!! bear_laugh

Board footer