Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Pages:
Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Jenny,

That is so awful for you and I really do hope that ebay will remove the negative feedback.
Hopefully this despicable person will be removed from trading on ebay.
Good luck.

Hugs
Carolyn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

If there was a third party or similar means in place to monitor negative feedback that would up our eBay fees some MORE!!! UGH! But it shouldn't be so hard to get a straight answer and resolution the first time you contact ebay!

Ya know how you click on a person's feedback score to check out their feedback and there is a box at the top breaking down how many positive, neutral and negative feedbacks they've gotten? I think they should make it so you can click on the Negative score and be taken right to those negative feedbacks. Sifting thru sometimes pages to feedback to see the negative ones is a pain and time consuming. I could be doing more shopping on eBay if I didn't have to spend all that time researching negative feedbacks.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I had this happen before with my first bear customer. She bid on a bear and I emailed her a week to the day when she won and she said she would send it.  Another week went by so I emailed her and she said she was sick and that she was on antibiotics and her doctor told her not to drive because she was on the antibiotics and her husband would do it the next day…. Well, you guessed it… another week passed and she still hadn’t paid for it!  it was the first bear I ever made so it was a cheapie… it was a total of $10.00 – five for shipping and $5.00 for postage (it was less than $10.00 – 5.00 for item and 3.85 for shipping) so it was a total of $8.85 for the item.  Well I had emailed her after about a month and she said she had sent a money order on the day that she said her husband would be sending the money order (hope I didn’t lose you gals already LOL) I got a certified letter about 3 days later and it turned out that she had mailed money like actual cash and change in the mail!  LMAO I sent her the bear and even gave her positive feedback…. She was nice but sheesh!  All that for a less than $10 purchase! 

I didn’t leave positive feedback and was afraid to leave neutral because at the time I only had about 3 feedbacks anyway!

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Yes Daphne that's right...I want to see right away why they got all the negative feedback...and if you are checking out someone with 1000s of feedbacks it's impossible

Helen Out 'n About Bears
Poole, Dorset, England

Hi Jenny

A couple of years ago, I won an e-bay auction for an antique brooch.  I paid, but never received the goods.  I communicated with the seller too.  In the end, I left him negative feedback.  Guess what he did---he left ME negative feedback, saying that I had never paid!!  I replied, saying that my bank could prove that I had.  Shortly afterwards, I discovered that he was no longer allowed to sell on e-bay------other people had received the same sort of treatment as me, despite his "power seller" status!!  It always seemed to be buyers who hadnt been using e-bay long, and who didnt have much of a feedback score, who were short-changed by this guy.  But e-bay caught up with him in the end.

Helen

warwickshire uk
Website

Well I am waiting to see what they do...I think she's up for the 'hard word' from ebay....she now has 4 negatives this week alone....

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww Jenny, I'm so sorry for you.......hope you get it sorted  bear_thumb    They really need to look at these problems, innocent people like you are getting caught up and it's not fair.....ooooh don't get me started  bear_whistle

Pipa UK

that is  just awful Jenny, i think ebay should be able to remove bad feedback when your complaint was upheld by paypal..

and on a side note i just want to say how gorgeous your avatar bear is !!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh dear, Jenny . . . I really hope this all turns out in a positive way.  This lady is, indeed, going to do herself in on ebay with all her shenanigans.  4 negatives in one week ought to send her well on her way to oblivion.  I am pretty new to ebay (buying ONLY) and have just 11 feedbacks to date, but early in my ebay career, I did give one seller a neutral.  I bought a couple of Raggedy Ann dolls and paid immediately after I won the auction.  I did receive the dolls fairly soon after I paid, BUT when I opened the box, the dolls had a horrible stench of stale cigarette smoke . . . gag, it was awful and strong!  I will have to admit that I have a strong bias against the smell of smoke so maybe I was too harsh in my reaction.  If I had it to do over, I would give the seller a postive rather than a neutral, but still comment on the smell.  Much to her credit, the seller gave me positive feedback.  Soooo, guess I am still learning the trials and tribulations of ebay.  Jenny, much good luck with this problem.   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Hi Jenny - I am sorry for this bad experience - I had to request a refund too for clothing bought on ebay(also not as described) - but what ebay did when I used their dispute centre was to remove the transaction from my record completely I think about when Paypal authorised a refund
I hope it all get sorted out for you very soon
:hug:  :hug:
Anne

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Jenny,

I feel so badly for you on this subject!  One thing I will pass on to you.  I never buy anything with my NancyAndFriends  (except a template I just purchased) ID.

I have another ID and I buy everything thru that.  Fortunately it also has 100%...but I have run into a few jerks and thought they might do some harm...but on that ID, I really don't care!

I have a couple of close 'bear friends'  (had to double check and make sure I used the right bear spelling there) ...who told me to never use my ID to buy with...their reasoning is they don't care to display where they might find a fabric or fur they purchase on ebay, to their potential buyers.

For me it has worked out very well and I even use my second ID to sell an occasional non bear , non handmade item.
That keeps my feedback on NAF stickly bears and such.

I do believe you can get that feedback removed, if you are persistent with ebay...altho, when I see a negative, I always check to see what it is about and don't pay too much attention to them unless it says something like, not as described.  That worries me!
Soooo, you might want to consider getting yourself a 'for nonsense, ID'.
nanc........

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Jenny...so so sorry to hear that you have had to go through such a terrible ordeal.  Unfortunately for your seller, she has hung herself if anyone looks at her feedback.  I make a habit of looking any negative and ALSO what the person receiving the negative left in return.  I bought some artwork some time ago and one artist had all positive but one negative...after a little investigative work...the learned the person who left the negative...that was practically all they left...negative or neutral...they had nothing positive to say about anyone.

So...my question to those who have more than one ID...do you refer people to look at your original ID in the beginning until you have built up a few positives...or just start out like you are brand new to the Ebay game.  I ask because I've been thinking about a second ID using my Apple Dumpling Bears name but am not sure I want to deal with the hassel of it.

Shantell

warwickshire uk
Website

Hi Nancy...I am interested to know how you are able to have more than one ID...don't you need another email address and also for paypal a separate credit card and bank account?...I tried to do it and it wouldn't let me...

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Hi Jenny,
Yes, you do need a different email address.  I am connected thru MSN and I can have up to 10 email addresses (I think that is what I remember, anyway).  Check with your carrier.  I just click on 'Connection Settings' and I can add however many I want.  Currently, I have 5 going.  My granddaughters have 2 of them, I set one up for my husband and I have the other two that are related to my ebay ID'S.

You can add more to your paypal account also.    They all connect to my one account...sort of like fingers, if you will.

Concerning Ebay,I think they are both connected to my same bank account .  I am not sure on that one.  I have had them for quite a while. I know that I had it set up to where, the ebay fees were both charged to my Visa card and just recently changed it, so both fees are taken directly out of my paypal account.  So, they were both linked to the same credit card and now both come out of paypal.
That one you will have to check with ebay on.  I often wonder how people can be cancelled by ebay and then pop up as someone else, a week later.  do they have to get new bank accounts each time.  I don't know.
But I am sure you can add more email addresses thru your internet carrier and I know you can add a whole lot of ebay ID's to your paypal account.  They just attach to your original account.

I sold a vintage Annie doll thru my other ID and said NO Checks please...don't you know the man sent me a check...WITH a letter thanking me for mailing it out right away so his daughter could have it for her birthday.

I wrote him and said I was so sorry that he did not see the NO checks please, part of my auction (even tho it was in huge print, but I didn't say that)...and told him that there would be a hold on it by my bank and I would send it as soon as possible.  I felt bad about it, but I wasn't about to send this doll out without knowing I had payment.  I was sure I was going to get a neg on that...but I didn't.
I bought a vintage crochet pattern for edging from a lady...it came to me un-readable.  It was a copy from a magazine.  She never sent me a new copy or even answered me...unfortunately that was one of the rare times I purchased it thru NancyAndFriends.  I never left her a feedback for fear of a negative being left to me...so to protect NAF, I declined leaving a feedback.  Of course she didn't either and the sale does not show up on the feedback for either one of us.  So you can go that route too.

What was bad about that situation was that I wanted to leave a feedback letting other potential buyers know that you could not read the pattern...had I bought it on the other ID, I probably would have, but I had to protect my feedback on NAF.

Hope you can get a second ID...it sure is a nice feeling to know your hard earned feedback on your ID is protected from some of these people who like to leave negs.
Merry Christmas, Jenny.  :hug:
Nanc.....

warwickshire uk
Website

Thanks for that Nancy...I'm going to check that out...

LynBlair Posts: 139

Arrggghhh!!!  I have 2 negative feedbacks and both were bogus.    bear_angry   

One was from a woman who left it three days after the auction ended because she felt she hadn't recieved payment on time......the most annoying thing was that this was before Paypal was around.  Apparently my check hadn't arrived in California from New York in 3 days .  She did end up posting positive feedback to make up for it, as the check arrived a couple of days later.....but it's still sitting there messing up my percentage.

The second was from a bidder who never got in touch, never paid and left a negative saying "Never recieved package."   :doh:    Gah!

Annoyed hugs,
Lyn

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi there,
     I'm sorry about your negative feedback, Jenny.  I hope you can get ebay to do something, but it's my experiece that they aren't helpful with much of anything.  They will probably ask you to go to Square trade. 
     I've been fortunate and have never received a negative.  I always check a person's feedback before bidding.  Then I send them a question about the item - any silly question will do.  I use this to see how fast they respond or even if they will respond, and to gage their tone.  If it takes too long or I don't like the response, I don't bid.  So far, it's paid off.  I havn't had a bad experience yet (touch wood). I think the only way to avoid getting a negative, is to never give one.  It doesn't seem fair, though. 
     My niece also has two accounts with ebay, but I think she had her husband open the second account.  She uses one for buying and one for selling as well.  She pays for her son's private school by selling antiques on ebay.  She sells a lot of linens and quilts, etc.  Anyway, good luck and bye for now.

Hugs,

Brenda

Pages:

Board footer