Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce you to my latest custom order creation, her name is Slo-Mo and she is a brown-throated sloth.  She is lifesized and likes to hang around upside down on her very own branch just like her relatives in the wild do. She even has green tinged fur like her algae covered cousins.

Mo was quite a challenge and I had many a sleepless night worrying that her new Mum would find her de-clawed and in a heap at the base of her branch one day, eek!  So I gave her strong wire armature and Apoxie Sculpt (this stuff is strong) claws to prevent that from happening, fingers crossed, lol.

I hope you like her.

1355481063_sloth2162.jpg

sloth2166.jpg

There are lots more shots of her on my website if you'd like to see more.  I will miss her a lot when she's gone, sloths are such amazing creatures. I'm sure that Chloe agrees wholeheartedly.  bear_happy

Hugs

Lisa

Kimblebee KimbleBee Bears
Yorkshire

Usually sloths scare the living poop out of me, but he is rather cute..

I could almost learn to like them  bear_grin

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Lisa, you did a beauty, as always!  bear_wub  bear_wub

Christina Posts: 978
Website

She is wonderful!  bear_wub

Janesjollybears JanesJollyBears
Ft.Lauderdale

Gorgeous!!!! You absolutely captured that sweet sloth face !!! So realistic!!!! I love him!!! bear_wub

customteddys Custom Teddys
Juneau, Alaska
jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Lisa you are one of the most innovative artists I have ever seen. You use such skill and observation to create these characters who have personality and realism with enough creativity to make them works of art. I say this about so few people nowadays because sadly many seem to stick to very well worn designs but your courage makes you stand out from the crowd.  More power to your elbow girl, you are an inspiration!

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Thank you so much for the wonderful responses.  I just love to create the unusual and it's great to recieve such encouraging feedback.

Merry Christmas to everyone.  bear_flower

Hugs

Lisa

eeyore13 Posts: 120

Wow!!  She is so detailed and close to nature as well!!!  So talented!!!

I love sloths  - I may be strange but i think they are cute!

Autumn Bears Tula

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
OMG! bear_shocked I love this little sloth! Lisa, you're my star!  bear_wub

Board footer