Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

My best gift was last Christmas.  I needed a new digital camera but didn't know anything about them.  Now you have to understand that I have radar about gifts - I always figure them out.  It's like someone whispers in my ear - I swear.  Anyway, last Xmas I opened my last gift and it was an expensive Kodak Easy share camera.  Hubby had done a lot of research on cameras and figured this was the best one for the money and was easy enough for even me to understand.  I was the only time I have been TOTALLY surprised about a gift in many, many years.  It shill makes me shiver.

Hugs,

Brenda

Deb Upstate New York

Kathy ~

Now THAT'S a pressie!

Hubby bought me the pup for Christmas that I was babysitting for my sister.  I had fallen in love with him (the puppy).  After we'd been caring for him for a couple of weeks, she called me and asked me to bring him back to the store because she had a buyer.  I was sick.  We got there and I asked her where her stupid buyer was and they looked at each other and giggled and she said "my stupid buyer is your husband."

There have been others, but that's the dearest to me in the past few years.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

A friend of mine and former co-worker has this little ceramic heart-shaped thingies (for lack of a better word) with words on them in a velvet bag that she keeps in her office.  My friend is a counselor and uses them in therapy.  They have words like laughter, wisdom, charity, change, etc.  Everyday I would go to her office and we would do this silly little ritual of each pulling three stones and turning them into a sentence which would be our mantra for the day.  When I left work because I my health, she gave me a bag of mine own.  It's a silly gift but I absolutely love them and they constantly remind me of what true friendship is.

Shantell

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Aww PenPen,

Instead of the family silver, which she didn't have, she gave me her craft supplies!  Which when you think about it is so much more useful for me  bear_grin

And Pen, you are anything but shallow.....

hugs

wonks

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Penny, thanks for starting heart warming topic.  bear_smile 
I had fun reading everyones post !  :hug:

the best gifts I ever get are from emails containing warm words about me and/or my art work/bears (gush gush gush)
Really , I consider super nice emails to be a gift.

Judi, yes I believe that such e-mail
can be a great gift !!   :clap:  I only received
few e-mails from customer but it made me
super happy.  bear_smile

"I did the best I could, i am so glad he found you, I know you will be the most wonderful wife and daughter-in-law, I am giving you the best thing I ever did in my life."

Dilu,  She is a dream of mom-inlaw !!
I know my mom-inlaw is nice to me too but
I never heard such sweet word.  :hug:
Thank you for sharing.  bear_flower

Wanda!! What a sweet story !!!  bear_wub  bear_wub
I keep showing the my favorite Artist bear photos(in web)to my hubby but I don't think he notice anything yet....  bear_shocked

My ** oh my oh my oh my goodness  ** gift
is this TT forum giving by Intercal.  bear_grin
I got to know so many bear friends out there
and with you all out there, I'm getting close
to my dream occupation , Bear Artist.  bear_wub  :hug:
Isn't this so nice ???  bear_laugh  bear_grin  bear_laugh  bear_grin  :bday:

Hugs/Marie

kimkc Australia

What about worst presents? I get them from my inlaws every year! bear_angry

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I must say my hubby has given me some very special things- handmade !  For our anniversary this year he made me a wooden shadow box with a world map in the bottom to plot where all of my bears find homes.   I had no idea he was working on it.   A couple of years ago He and my son (age 9  at the time) made me a huge spool rack for all my threads too.  I LOVE homemade stuff.

I agree with Judi though, kind words  and notes are worth so much more than material things -Not saying that it is bad to get material things   bear_grin

Board footer