Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I've had a similar email from a Singapore enquirer called Kenneth too!  I did tell him the reserve, but he didn't bid.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I just noticed this thread and it's an interesting subject.  I generally give my regular customers my reserve when I notify them about a new listing but I put my reserve at what my actual selling price would be, not just a minimum.  Generally, if a piece doesn't have many bids and I receive an email asking what it is, I will reveal it.  I figure if a bear hasn't met the reserve, even if a bidder bids high at the last minute, it will still only sell at the reserve (unless there are multiple bids) so it may not make any difference and at least it has sold. 

I would never, ever stop an auction for someone, no matter what the circumstances and I do not do "second chance offers".  I also generally don't re-list the same bear - I wait for a while and re-do it with a different costume.  I have had a couple of customers ask about a piece after the auction is over, saying they missed the ene of it.  I have offered to re-list the bear to see if they were really interested or to see if they were just trying to get it cheaper after the end of the auction.  I won't sell a bear to a customer after an auction ends, as I don't want them to think they can wait and get it cheaper, hoping to avoid bidding against other customers.  So, that's my view of things.  Take care and bye for now.

Hugs,

Brenda

Board footer