Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
kassiebears wrote:

Are cows like horses? They really don't like stepping on other living things. I just hate that in movies were they make it look like horses or cows will run you down - and they like it. My experience with horses is. That may happen, but I don't believe they want to do it. Well, maybe the odd one. But, in general, horses will go out of their way to not step on a person or living thing.   

Kassie

Yes, Kassie, cows do not like to step on anyone....HOWEVER...I have been stepped on, kicked in the face, kicked in the arm, and whipped in the face with a cows tail.......all unintentional...except when I received a rear hoof to the face and ended up with a black eye. :

I was washing a cows tail getting her ready for a photo shoot.  She was not used to this and did not like me dipping her tail in a bucket a warm ater and Wisk.  She fired her back leg at me .  It happened so fast I didn;t know what hit me until I was on the ground.  I thought she broke my nose....but only gave me a black eye...phew!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh my, Judi, thank goodness it was only a black eye and nothing more serious.

I've had so much fun reading your stories and seeing all the pictures. I would be otherwise clueless about the happenings on a dairy farm. I have the utmost respect for you and your husband, and all the other farmers too!

I loved seeing all the photos especially the close-ups at the end, but darn it, Judi, now I want a cow!  bear_laugh

beartoes Hannabears
Texas

Judi, your Bovines story is so entertaining and educational at the same time.  The photos are wonderful and it's so sweet coming from Sherwood's perspective.  Brings back fond memories of my childhood days (very very long ago, I'm afraid) when I was fortunate enough to visit my grandparents' farm in North Dakota every summer, what a wonderful place for family life...Thank you so much for making this available to us.

Hugs,  Karen C.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Well that Was great i love that pics to ha!ha! i am afraid i would not have anything to show you all i am poring Thank Judi

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Judi,
  All I can say is one HUGE thank you for all the pictures and story so far. I can't wait to see the next installment. You have made each day very entertaining and funny also. I love the way you have incorporated everything into the pictures, family, bears, cows, farm, and home. FANDABBYDOZZY!!!!!!

Hugs Jane

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Hey Judy, does your husband wash them? they are so clean. I think that people named MARK or MARC are sentimental and very kind and working people. Guess what? I'm maried with an MARC  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin Do you sell some cows to be eat or do you have them just for the milk? Thank you for this life show

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Irene wrote:

Hey Judy, does your husband wash them? they are so clean. I think that people named MARK or MARC are sentimental and very kind and working people. Guess what? I'm maried with an MARC  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin Do you sell some cows to be eat or do you have them just for the milk? Thank you for this life show

Oh my gosh, YES!  We have a special piece of equipment ...like a power washer, just for washing cows.  I have a great photo of me washing a cow...but I can't find it bear_sad

Our cows are raised and bred for milking...but ...on the occasion...the odd one is beefed.  Farmers don't like to waste anything. bear_wacko  Beef from a dairy cow is very lean....sorry veggies...it's a hard fact of farming.   bear_wub We do love our cows and I think it shows. bear_wub

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I love the 'red' cow! She's a beautiful color and has the neatest 'freckles' on her nose!  bear_wub

Judi, have you made a mohair cow??????? I'm figuring you have..... I wanna see!!!!!!  :lol:

Edited to say "Never mind.... I just saw your cow on the Day 4 post!!!" bear_original

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Judi,

Great reporting again!  I'm ready to come visit!   bear_original

I can't believe Mark knows all the names of the cows.  bear_shocked   All the cows do look really clean.  I love the pictures at the bottom of the close-ups of the cows' faces.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Judi,

Thanks so much for the great visit to you farm.
The photos are great and almost seems like we are there having a visit with you.
Bless.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I just want to comment that I am so pleased with all the lovely and kind response from all of you.  Mark ahs been readingthem too and really enjoying you all. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

If any of you are ever in Wisconsin I hope you will come and visit us.

Daphne, I see thast you have found my dairy queen cow.  I also made another mohair cow.  She was much smaller and even had a moahir udder!  When my older sister was visiting here she saw it and said, "AAAAAAHHHHHH I LOVE IT!"  So I handed it to her. bear_wub

It ended up being burned up inthe fire at her house in Aug 2004.  Perhpas I will make another one some day. bear_original

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Wow so much info! I often wondered why milk cools down a spicy mouth! Now I know! Those cow pics with the scratcher made me smile bear_original  I never knew anything like that existed!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
kbonsall wrote:

Now I know! Those cow pics with the scratcher made me smile bear_original  I never knew anything like that existed!

Neither did I until I saw Mark having it installed! bear_laugh

duff Deedle Bears
Dallas

Just amazing Judi!     I love all your cows!   Especially the "red" one!      I too will never look at my moring milk the same agian  bear_tongue .   

Itialian cheese?     Do you get any of the cheese from your own cows?   How does it taste?     I bet it is wonderful!   

Be sure to tell Mark (and this goes for you too!) you two have  a new admirer in florida!   All the hard work you two put into this!   Great job  bear_thumb

Duff

Board footer