Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Here are some pictures taken at the Maine Teddy Bear & Fiber Arts Show on Saturday, July 26, 2008.

The weather was perfect for the beach but luckily a few decided to come to the show first! Attendance was not earth shattering but not down from last year and as always, those who came were buying! The Ornaments for Giving Tree was a huge success with all handmade items by our artists selling for $25 or less and artists donated part to all of the sales to the show's non-profit beneficiary, Habitat for Humanity.

Enjoy the photos........

TreeHfH72.jpg
Ornaments for Giving Tree... taken later in the day with many ornaments already purchased! Habitat for Humanity's table is to the right.

Luann72.JPG
Luann Bowen (Lulu Bears)

BetsyReum72.JPG
Betsy Reum (Bears in the Gruff)

DebbieStewar72t.jpg
Deborah Stewart (Stewart Studios)

DaphneBooth72.jpg
(I just have to point out my Dad's sheep there in the foreground... they are felted knit and were a big hit!)

Edinburgh72.JPG
Kelly Zimmerman (left) checking out the goods at Edinburgh Import's table.

More coming.....

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Annies72.JPG
Here are some of the other 'Fiber Arts'...... Annie Dolls by Nancy Nye and to the right dolls by Nancy Walker ('Tis the Season Design Works)

JenCarson72.JPG
More 'Fiber Arts' by Jen Carson - The Dragon Charmer. Her work was very popular at the show! Everyone seemed to love seeing something so unique to bear shows.

DemoJackie72.JPG
Jackie LaRochelle of Bearied Treasures did a demonstration on pattern design and had a very large and captive audience!

SandiRexford72.JPG
Sandi Rexford (Snowy Day Bears and a TTer)

LuannDad72.JPG
Luann Bowen showing off her new bag made by my Dad.

Dad made it through a good part of the show working at the admission table with my hubby and a few of the artist's hubbies who volunteered an hour each to help out. (As many of you know my father has suffered extensive life saving surgeries and lives with chronic pain and fatigue, IBS, the list goes on. He's been to the beach and that tan makes him look so healthy!) bear_original

A few more to come...

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Great Pics Daphne,  again the venue looks wonderful and it's great to be able to put a face to an artist name.  Glad to hear that it was a good day.

big hugs

Shane

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Limerick72.JPG
Lynn & Phil Gatto - Limerick Bear

PatBuckley72.JPG
Pat Wright-Buckley - Buckley Bear Company

Raspbearies72.JPG
Vicki Stephan - Raspbearies

People's Choice Contest Entries:
ContestBears172.JPG

ContestBears272.JPG

ContestBears372.JPG
That's a moose up on top... he was very impressive!

Winner and photos will be posted on my website this week along with a full show review!
www.backroadevents.net

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Daphne, Thanks so much for sharing all your wonderful pictures. It's so great to see your dear dad standing there looking so happy and that bag that Luann bought looks wonderful. The show looks as if it was well organised and in such a nice bright venue. Well done to all the artists, there looks like there would have been a few new bears for my collection if I had been there.  bear_rolleyes

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original What a treat--thanks for sharing these pix, Daphne.  bear_flower

I love your Dad's sheep!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Great Pics.

Love your Dads sheep! :dance:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Looks like a great show, Daphne. I love your venue with the windows and light coming through and, of course, I envy your closeness to the ocean.

I love your dad's sheep and he really looks wonderful! So glad he was able to be there part of the show and participate. I bet he absolutely loved being there with you.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Thanks for sharing, Daphne!

Your photos are great.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Daphne, bear_flower

So lovely to see the wonderful bears at the show, so thank you for sharing.  I agree with everyone too, your Dad's sheep look quite adorable, and it is so nice that you were all able to share the day together.  Your Dad looks really great and when you think what the poor love has been through.  We all wish him the very best.  Now, how about some close-up piccies of those sheep!!!!

Hugs :hug:

Marilyn bear_flower

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Thanks for all the photos, Daphne. Looks like it was a lovely show!

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

It was a lovely show as always.  The ornaments were beautiful.  They were all so unique and creative. 
I was great seeing everyone again.  Such beautiful bears - I had to keep reminding myself that I should be bring home less bears not more.   A rabbit did find it's way back to VT though.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Looks like a great show Daphne!  Congrats to you and all the artists involved!

And your dad looks GREAT!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Beautiful venue, wonderful organization, and fantastic artists!  Love, LOVE your dad's sheep and I agree that he looks good . . . hope he feels at least half as good as he looks.  Super photos and terrific creations - what more could one desire?   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Wow! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub   Looks like a fun show!  Your dad is quite an inspiration too... love his sheep & his positive attitude!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Great pics, looks like everyone had a wonderful time too!  That's such a pretty venue, I love all of the natural light.

:hug:~Chrissi

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

What great pictures, and so nice to see a picture of your dad!!

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

Didnt get a chance to talk much or say goodbye! but thanks for a well run show Daphne and a cute "treats " bag too! There were some lovely bears and other critters there! so many bears i want so little money! :crackup:  was great to see everyone! hey you girls should make Sandi show you her bear in CURLERS!!!!
what a sweetie getting ready for her big debute!!  deb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yes, Sandi - do share that picture! It's a riot! I loved it!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great looking show and a BEAUTIFUL, light-filled venue.  What a treat!!  And I'm really glad to hear it was a positive experience with shoppers bringing home lotsa wares.  Thanks for sharing, Daphne.

lulubears Posts: 280

Daphne,
Jeff Here.
My wife was there to sell not buy!
I can not believe you would let her do that.
If and when you come to Austin or New Mexico I would do that for your other half.

Good pics.

Luann said she had a good time and was very happy with her sales.

Hope she get back soon, we are almost out of cereal and lunch meat.  Just kidding.  It's milk I am almost out of.

Jeff

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Jeff.....  she sold.... so she bought.... isn't that how it works?? I thought that was the whole point of doing a show! bear_whistle

You won't be able to keep me from buying..... I'll just be careful not to get 'caught on film'!!  :twisted:

We live next to a dairy farm... I'll send some milk right over! bear_tongue

lulubears Posts: 280

2% please
Jeff

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'll get out the skimmer! bear_tongue BEtter yet, I'll just have them milk the skinny cows for ya!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

OMGSH! What awesome pictures Daph!

It looks like everyone had such a wonderful time and the little bears and critters are wonderful. How I would have loved to be a collector at this show.

Great job as always Daph!

Hugs Louise

Board footer